PDA

View Full Version : How to get a Qld Marine Driver License?

Machinehead
07-06-2011, 04:53 PM
HI everyone, I have no idea how and whats the steps to get a marine driver license in qld because I am not local. Anyone can kindly tell me the proper steps to get a marine license? Besides, is there any different class of license? e.g. license for driving smaller or bigger boat? Thanks a lot =)

bennykenny
07-06-2011, 05:16 PM
here is the info you need
http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Recreational.aspx

http://www.nauticaltraining.com.au/BoatsafeWorkbook2011.pdf

cormorant
07-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Back of the cornflakes box. Just write your name on . Same way all queenslanders got their drivers Lic;D
You can then safely navigate the waters at extreme speed and with as much wash as you want and travel especially close to other vessels just like everyone else. There is no on water policing , well lets just say million to one odds of getting pulled for being a moron. :o
,>
>
>
>
>
>
Running for cover right now awaiting barrage of insults. he he ;D

bennykenny
07-06-2011, 06:02 PM
it would be funny if it wasnt so true!!!!!

cormorant
07-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah not real funny

I was surprised when I read the application form that in QLD they want eye colour???? fair dinkum WTF don't they need to know.

The linking with a drivers lic is a mixed blessing as well. We don't have boat eye tests or glasses notification or photos on NSW ones. Why should it matter if you have had driving convictions and what business is it of a waterways bloke.

All they need to know is if it is you or not and your address . the rest is all over the top big brother crap.

Machinehead
07-06-2011, 08:39 PM
thanks everyone, this forum is efficient, no regret for paying the member fee.. haha..

Feral
08-06-2011, 05:48 AM
Sign for a half day course (mostly theory, with about 3 seconds of boat use). Wake up long enough to pick up your paperwork, then go stand in the queue for 3 hours at Qld transport and you have your licence.

Machinehead
08-06-2011, 12:55 PM
so it means that i just need a day for complete the course and after that i can get my license from the qld transport?

Dignity
08-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah not real funny

I was surprised when I read the application form that in QLD they want eye colour???? fair dinkum WTF don't they need to know.

Surprised they don't sak for photo of your girlfriend/missus :)

Machinehead, there are a few businesses around that do this sort of thing, where are you located, it might make it easier for members to point you in the right direction.

Machinehead
08-06-2011, 06:44 PM
thanks dignity for remind me that. I am from brisbane area, the biggest question i want to know bout how long i need to spend to get the marine license since i start attend the boat course?

mickjbuist
08-06-2011, 07:07 PM
G'day mate, I recently done my license with Bayside Boat licensing at Victoria Point. The course started at 8am and finished just shy of 4. We did 3 hours of theory, 2 hours of boat use and filled the afternoon up with more theory. Now on that day I just did the Boat license so i do imagine doing both your boat and jetski may take longer, the theory is the same but you do have to fit in the practical.

After you completed the day, you then need to go to QLD Transport where they will finish off the paperwork. It will cost you around $53 to have them put it on your license which is now those credit card looking ones.

Good luck, its piss easy.
Mick.

madmaskbass
09-06-2011, 08:35 AM
G'day mate, I recently done my license with Bayside Boat licensing at Victoria Point. The course started at 8am and finished just shy of 4. We did 3 hours of theory, 2 hours of boat use and filled the afternoon up with more theory. Now on that day I just did the Boat license so i do imagine doing both your boat and jetski may take longer, the theory is the same but you do have to fit in the practical.

After you completed the day, you then need to go to QLD Transport where they will finish off the paperwork. It will cost you around $53 to have them put it on your license which is now those credit card looking ones.

Good luck, its piss easy.
Mick.

cheers for this how much did it cost for the course mate??

mickjbuist
09-06-2011, 10:41 AM
$150 for boat. $250 for both boat and jetski.