PDA

View Full Version : Monday off the goldie

Timfishin4fun
07-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi all, went out for another trip, had to search hard for bait but managed enough for the day.

Headed to the 50's se of the seaway, have not been there for about 1 year so thought I should go back.

With a 10-15 knt breeze from the nw it made the drift fast. Even with the chute out so we had to back down on it all morn.

Some bait and livies were sent to the bottom trying to tempt all bases, no go after a few drifts so I call fo a change and call next drift is going to be a double hook up.

Jigging and livies to the bottom, jigging trying to stir the fish up was the key. Straight away jig is on the livie is belted and hooked up, double trouble on the kings.

Lines tangle at the top and managed to gaff one while the other spits the hooks.

We got our 2 kings each with the last on livie(another double hookup) breaking the SS rod holder and ripping off with my M10 and tld 25. I sort off went to jump after it but as I was in motion I saw bubbles smoking fromt the reel and knew the fish was running hard.

Reefies out wide were few and far between, got a small snap and a pigfish.

Made a call to go in to the 42's where we got some great trag. There was no current in here and the breeze dropped out to nil for the rest of the arvo.

Back into the 24's trying for the elusive snap and got hammered only to get reefed. got all my gear back minus the fish.

All in all a top day out.

Timbo

rosco1974
07-06-2011, 06:06 PM
well done tim am keen to bring the youngfella down for a bit of arm stretching.did u try any of the marks i pm you..
chers rosco

timddo
07-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Tim

did you get the livies at the bait ground?. I'm going on friday if the weather holds.