PDA

View Full Version : maroon dam june long weekend

benjay
06-06-2011, 06:40 PM
hi everyone
im heading out to maroon dam this long weekend and was seeing what your thoughts are on the fishing out there in winter??? i am getting a fishfinder this week before i go as i have heard it should help if the fish are not holding in the weed. any tips or hints would be much aprreciated along with anyone who has been out recently if they have had any luck.

thanks heaps
ben8-)

Mike Delisser
10-06-2011, 11:53 PM
I fished a comp there last weekend, almost all the fish were caught in the weed, the corner below Camp Lake Fire was best (the same in the ABT Electric comp 2 weks ago), also up the creek was ok. About 90% of the fish were caught between 6am and 7.30am, 9% just as the sun was going down in the arvo and about only 1% during the day when it was very tough indeed. Lures that dive about 6 inches to a foot like Massie Pops and Colt Minnows were the go (retrieved over the weed). Fly through the weed was good too. Also very cold so take plenty of warm clothes. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Mike D

LittleSkipper
11-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Let us know if you are told "This is Private Property?

Mike Delisser
12-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Let us know if you are told "This is Private Property?

Don't understand what you mean by told "This is Private Property" Twindragons? We were fishing from boats out on the water (about 50mts from the bank) and casting to the weed growing in the shallows.
Cheers
MD

benjay
14-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Hey md
Thanks for the reply. I didn't actually end up going after all that a the weather looked like it was going to play up on us. Probably wouldn't have been to bad. Thanks ask the same and will keep the tips in mind for next time.
Cheers ben