PDA

View Full Version : Boating/fishing holiday recommendations?

ortho85
06-06-2011, 03:03 PM
We've hired a bareboat motor cruiser around the Whitsundays a few times, and loved it.

Are there any places around Oz where you can get something similar - comfortable boats, beautiful scenery and an occasional fish (we're not expert fishos!)? Any State is fine.

Cheers

Haji-Baba
06-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Why not Cardwell and do the Hinchinbrook Passage?

Sheltered water, good fishing, I am sure you would get a houseboat or similar there.

Have Fun Haji-Baba

Rodman
06-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Mate hire a houseboat from rainbow Beach and travel the great sandy straits

2DKnBJ
06-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Mate hire a houseboat from rainbow Beach and travel the great sandy straits

That is one trip on my to do list.

Cheers Dazza

spelchek
07-06-2011, 08:18 AM
We've (SWMBO and I) bareboated both Hinchinbrook and Sandy Straits. Both are great - but I'd go the HInchinbrook idea if given the choic. You not only have hinchinbrook channel, but also the Family group of islands (which include Dunk) that are accessible with the bareboats. These ilsands offer great snorlelling and fishing and give you that 'million miles away from it all' feeling.

Both Hinchinbrook or the sandy straits are beautiful places tho and you wont be dissapointed in either.

ortho85
07-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks for these suggestions.

We've done the Hinchinbrooke Channel once, so I'm looking at the Sandy Straits idea.

Cheers!

SgBFish
25-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Sandy Straits.
Even if the weather turns nasty you can hide from it.
Always got crabs and fish up there.

Scott

gunna
25-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Both Myall Lakes and the Hawkesbury are good in NSW. I particularly like the Hawkesbury houseboat experience.

Kero
25-06-2011, 03:54 PM
We've also done the Hawksbury River (NSW) in a houseboat. Had a ball. Plenty to explore.