PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Boat Inquiries

45scape
03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Advertised my boat in the classifieds section 2 days ago on here and recieved the following PM....
(((Hello Seller, In reference to your on-line placed advert posted on ausfish.com.au. I will like to know if this item is still up for sale and if its condition still remain as described in the advert and what is the final price asking??? Finally,I will like to pay via PayPal... and I have a pickup agent coming for the pickup of the item in your location. So kindly get back to me with your direct PayPal email address and phone number so that i can contact you towards completion of this transaction. Best regards. Smith.))).........
Sounds really dodgy to me and wont be replying. Didnt think i would get one on a site like this.

Marlin_Mike
03-06-2011, 05:40 PM
1/ don't reply, its a scam all right.

2/ You will get lots of replies, i did selling mine, some weird offers

wanna swap my ford laser for your boat?
will you take 5000 cash ( asking price was 16,000.)
him: i can be there tomorrow with cash......me: what 16,000 cash? him: no, 8,000 cash. me: go away mate don't insult me..............i want to sell it not give it away

you will get so many ridiculous insulting offers, and 4 billion Tyre kickers. Let the fun begin..... LMAO

Mike

LittleSkipper
03-06-2011, 09:36 PM
45Scape! Don't give him/her or it your paypal or any other email address as this is how the bastards will gain access to your personal information either through your paypal account if you have one or your standard email account.

Regards
Wayno's

Muddy Toes
03-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Scam for sure......its not just you mate, its happened to heaps of guys, me included.They must think we're all a pack of idiots.(My apologies to people that have been scammed.) Ausfish, boatpoint, carpoint etc etc....doesn't matter what site it is they'll have a go.

Just another thought.....What's a Nigerian going to do with a boat????:P

Floating Rib
04-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Sorry mate i missed your post and have just posted similar about this scam, i suppose its better to have more info on this stuff than not enough.