PDA

View Full Version : Watersnake electrics problems

kc
02-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Anyone had any issues with these? I aquired one on a boat I brough recently and it is playing up. Has a mind of its own and operates without any input frpm the foot control. Currently locked on flat out and right turn!! Makes for "fun" fishing trying to cast! Get giddy::)

Spoke to guy in Adelaide who is not sure if it is faulty control or faulty circuit board. When I unplug control however, motor stops so I think it's the control.

KC

nidrac
02-06-2011, 06:05 PM
We have had the small springs that push the buttons back up rust out which causes it to get stuck in the turn position, ended up getting small stainless ones to replace them as they only lasted about 8 months. The middle button at the back could be gone as well causing it to always be on, this is only a guess though.

Nidrac

Charlie
02-06-2011, 07:53 PM
I'd open up the foot control and give it a good clean out,there is nothing scary in there just some springs and microswitches, it all goes back together quite easily.

kc
03-06-2011, 02:15 PM
I had already opened it up, cleaned and given a good spray but got worse. I tried my controls on a mates new watersnake yesterday arvo and same problem so I have ordered a new control box. Not too $$ and very helpful over the phone service.

KC