PDA

View Full Version : Hinze Filling Send it down hughie.

rayken1938
01-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Copy of email I received from SEQ water today.
Email I received from SEQ water today.

"Dear Mr Kennedy,

Thank you for your email enquiry. Hinze Dam is at the stage in construction that it can hold water. The water level of the lake is now dependant on favourable weather conditions. The boat ramps will be open as soon as the operational water level is reached.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us."

Now all we need is 6 inches overnight and the new ramps will be open.
Just think launching nright at Ians Island only thing wonder where all the fish will be in the future?
Cheers
Ray

TheSaint
05-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Are the New ramps open yet?

rayken1938
06-06-2011, 08:21 PM
No water will have to rise quite a bit before they will open Here is photo of eastern arm ramp taken on Saturday.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff255/rayke1938/P6040403640x480.jpg

They will probably wait a while so that they have a bit of a buffer as it would be embarrasing if they had to close it due to low levels.
As an aside the bass are really going off on live shrimp in the Eastern arm 140 fish caught in 2 days and a lot over 40cm.
Cheers
Ray

SUPERFORM
11-06-2011, 07:26 AM
These new ramps seem like they will be only open when the dam is relatively full with its new capacity. What is going to happen when the dam reaches new capacity and we get another drought of sorts combine that with increased water consumption and pumping to Wivenhoe and therefore a lower water level.

Going by that email and photo if it gets below say 80% the new ramps will be closed again as they gravel sections will be exposed and the ramps deemed unusable by SEQ Water......What use are these new ramps if the ramps are not useable when the water level falls.

Will they extend the concrete???????? or just close the ramps until it reaches appropriate heights again