PDA

View Full Version : Win an Alvey 600 BXL

Ausfish
01-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Entry is open to all members.

You can enter the draw once a day for the duration of the competition.

To find out more and to enter click on "Competitions" in the Forum Navigation Menu

If anyone is interested in gaining some exposure for their company and products please feel free to contact me regarding sponsoring competitions/give aways.

theoldlegend
02-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Steve,

Tried to enter again today, and a message is telling me I've already reached the maximum number of entries. ???

TOL

wayno60
02-06-2011, 02:28 PM
yep me too,
just wonder if its a 24 hr thing?? ie if it was 5.00pm yesterday when you entered and you tried again at 2.00pm today it mighten let you till 24hr has passed

backhoe
03-06-2011, 10:21 AM
me too
tried yesterday and today and got same message

Argle
03-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Same here - oh well one entry is still better than none I guess

thelump
03-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Same here. after two days.

gunna
03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Me too - only allowed once

wags on the water
03-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I think 1 entry per person is enough anyway because I'm going to win it. :P

wayno60
03-06-2011, 07:12 PM
redraw!!!!!!

PinHead
04-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Steve,

Tried to enter again today, and a message is telling me I've already reached the maximum number of entries. ???

TOL

you probably have more than enough Alveys..what do you want another one for? LOL

finga
04-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks Steve.
These little competitions will keep the masses amused.
Well at least I'm amused and that's all that matters really isn't it??

I wonder if who-ever wins the reel puts on here for sale 6 months afterwards??
There should be a rule. You win it you use it....which is backed up by pictures.

Jarrah Jack
04-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't know what to do with an Alvey....is it for antique collectors?
Here goes
............:hanged:

:helpa:

Axl
05-06-2011, 06:24 AM
I wouldn't know what to do with an Alvey....is it for antique collectors?
Here goes
............:hanged:

:helpa:

Looks like we are all in the same boat on this issue no doubt Ausfish will be working on it. I to belive one is enough as well as I reckon ive already sealed the deal but I cant wait to see some of the comments that come back around Jarrah's post.

Jarrah Jack
05-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Looks like we are all in the same boat on this issue no doubt Ausfish will be working on it. I to belive one is enough as well as I reckon ive already sealed the deal but I cant wait to see some of the comments that come back around Jarrah's post.

I've entered the comp and TOL will show me how to catch fish with it. Being Victorian we weren't brought up with them here.

PinHead
05-06-2011, 09:29 AM
I've entered the comp and TOL will show me how to catch fish with it. Being Victorian we weren't brought up with them here.

well JJ..there are some things that we really cannot try to educate some people on..you know the things..laws of thermodynamics , nuclear physics and operation of an Alvey reel. I hope you win it.

Jarrah Jack
05-06-2011, 12:40 PM
well JJ..there are some things that we really cannot try to educate some people on..you know the things..laws of thermodynamics , nuclear physics and operation of an Alvey reel. I hope you win it.

Thanks Pinhead I'd enjoy a few lessons from the boys who grew up with them. Palming with a big fish running would be a big test. Better enter again................

Ausfish
05-06-2011, 05:58 PM
OK, should be able to enter each day now. Think I found the glitch

wamjam
05-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Just entered second time round...wamjam wins first and second prize...

finga
06-06-2011, 07:39 AM
You forgot picking your nose and wiping your dirty bum.
Some people haven't got a clue on how to do those either and they're the simplest, most basic, things in the world to do.

I reckon the hardest thing this competition would be for Steve to think up a different question each day.
What a pain that would be.

Might have to resort to some questions only regulars to the forums might know like what's DDD, or WWF mean.

charleville
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM
there are some things that we really cannot try to educate some people on..you know the things..laws of thermodynamics , nuclear physics and operation of an Alvey reel.

I can handle all of them but, gee whizz, today's quiz question is a toughie! ;D

Ah well, I shall have to ponder the answer to that question whilst I unwrap my boat after it's seven month rest for its first taste of Moreton Bay fishing tomorrow in all of that time. :)

5 - 10 knot breezes and 0.4m seas are forecast What rotten conditions! ;D

Yippeeeeeee!!!! :D

Now let's see, will the motor start? I had better go and try it. :-?

rando
07-06-2011, 11:08 AM
JJ
In order to use an alvey ,a person needs to have an opposable thumb,,,,,.
in persons born south of the Tweed, this is not always the case;D

rando runs for cover:)

Jarrah Jack
07-06-2011, 12:00 PM
JJ
In order to use an alvey ,a person needs to have an opposable thumb,,,,,.
in persons born south of the Tweed, this is not always the case;D

rando runs for cover:)

Rando

Does that mean that no matter how hard I try I'll never have the

Finess of Finga

Dexterity and simpleness of thought of TOL ( Hope I put that right )

The sublime hand efficiency of Charlie.

The doggedness of Pinhead.

The ability to drink beer similtaniously with both hands of Wambo.

?????????????????????????????

wamjam
07-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Rando

Finess of Finga

Sorry Terry, I was born just south of the tweed (the Dumaresq actually). Not sure about finga, he's been around a bit aswell.

finga
07-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Born Murwillumbah just south of the border so the thumb isn't quite as seized as the rest of the people south of the border.

How did you go Charlie??
Did you wear your current Alvey out so you'll be able to use the one your going to win??

What am I saying. Alveys don't wear out. The fisher-person dies before their Alvey does.

rando
08-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Rando

Finess of Finga

What can I say Jarrah?,,,, born a mexican,,always a mexican.
Dont stop trying though, aspiration is the attribute we Queenslanders like most about the "others"

Dignity
08-06-2011, 05:45 PM
uhhhh! where do I find the link to enter, entered yesterday but can not find it today

Dignity
08-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Doh! - found it, it was in the small print :) still trying to get used to the new site

wayno60
17-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Sunday night at the end of the news, chanel 9, watch Bruce Page Presents.....doing a story on Alvey reels back in the good ol days... you mexicans wont have an idea what im talking about...but thats ok. ( still getting over wed night).