PDA

View Full Version : Resonse from QLD govt. to fishing license petition.

hungry6
31-05-2011, 07:23 PM
I find it ironic that this is the first ever response I've ever got from the Govt.
regarding any petition I've ever sent them.
Since they have established that the fishing votes is credible and could be damaging.
Even though the response was a half arse effort of monotonous verbaged in cyberspace.

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/view/EPetitions_qld/Responses/1606-10.pdf

I have no doubt most of you already have got this already,
I just find it amusing and perplexing.

murf
31-05-2011, 08:10 PM
yep just got it through

shhh and i am in NSW

cheers Murf

Bazzawookooka
31-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Guys,

I'm as cynical as the next bloke, but I really don't understand your reaction.

I think we need to be attuned to our own biases and filters on these subjects which are close to our hearts and minds.

If we're not careful we'll end up not being able to be objective - it's a pretty fine line sometimes.

My question is "Is there anything the Minister could have sent that would satisfy you?" - purely rhetorical, of course.

Hope you don't see this as a dig, it's not, just another perspective is all.

Regards,

Steve

Rainbowrunner
01-06-2011, 04:38 AM
i agree with a licence as long as the money doesnt end up in general revenue and they use it to by pro netters and trawlers licences out of areas like they haev done in NSW, imagine moreton bay with no pros, botany bay is one of the best fisheries in NSW now

Lucky_Phill
01-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Minister Wallace withdrew the proposed " fee " in parliament a few weeks ago.

There was no proposal put forward by the Snapper Working Group to have a fee, and this brought surpises all round when it appeared on the RIS. Subsequently, when the RIS was released and the " consultation period started with the fishing public, the outcry was loud and clear. " we will not accept this fee ".

Further, after it became apparent that fishers voted, Minister Mullherin was yanked out of his portfolio and Craig Wallace installed. Craig Wallaces first reaction was to remove the fee in parliament on the night the LNP brought a motion to the house.

The e-petition was started in 2010 ( I think ), so had no relevance after the fee was dropped. Simple people power at work and the current Government trying to appease fisher-folk.

All has been discussed here :-

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?173588-No-fees-for-Queensland-recreational-fishers-catching-snapper-says-Wallace

LP.

Judy SFQ
01-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Removing the fee was a great first move. My only concern is that it's exactly what Lucky_Phill says "the current Government trying to appease fisher-folk."

The real test is going to be when he announces what his proposal is. I would really like to hope that the tide has turned for real consultation.

PADDLES
01-06-2011, 09:58 AM
how was the proposed licence and it's associated fee going to increase the sustainability of rocky reef fisheries? were they proposing to introduce a restocking program or would the fee just be another money earner? i agree bazza, i thought the response from the minister was a good result for recreational anglers.

Stik-ugly
01-06-2011, 09:23 PM
I deleted my response by email I thought it was a scam or a virus

Captain Incredible
02-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Minister Wallace has NOT taken 4 month closures off the table. Nor has he undertaken to minimise the economic damage to industries such as bait & tackle, commercial fishers, boat dealerships & charter operators with any management proposals for Snapper. Wallace has provided no certainty on this process with his response to the petition.

Dignity
07-06-2011, 08:16 PM
how was the proposed licence and it's associated fee going to increase the sustainability of rocky reef fisheries? were they proposing to introduce a restocking program or would the fee just be another money earner? i agree bazza, i thought the response from the minister was a good result for recreational anglers.

Give the money to the fish so that they could buy some new reef :)
I read and reread the statement and i thought it was well put together to say, "Thanks for your petition, but I am not going to tell you anything just yet" but then again I could be mistaken as I can't read foreign languages.