PDA

View Full Version : Live well lid

melony
30-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Hey Guys

I am in the process of making a live well for my Tinnie (4.2 Proline Angler) the tub i am using is the anchor well or if optioned at factory can be a plumped live well,.

Can anyone advice if the factory unit has a lid or what do they use to stop water splash with the factory setup.

any suggestions or info would be great

if any one has converted a similar unit in there boat post your suggestions and pics if possible

below is the tub in refference.

Thanks in advance
Tony

thylacene
30-05-2011, 07:50 PM
I recently went to ACT Plastics and bought some 10mm thick white plastic, it is the same stuff they make chopping boards out of. I think from memory it runs to about $90 square metre. They offered to cut to size for me at no extra cost.

You can screw to it, use a router to chamfer edges and generally use it like wood if you take it slowly, drilling and screwing is no problem either. And if you use it as a lid, it can double as a cutting board.

Cheers

Thy

melony
31-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks thylacene,
I will check have a look around to try and source some plastic sheeting being in grafton things are quite slow here.
Also did you bend yours if so how did you undertake the process

Thanks again Tony

thylacene
31-05-2011, 08:47 AM
I did not bend the sheet, but the plastics guys could probably tell you what can be done with it. I just cut it into pieces and made caddies for the side pockets to keep stuff organised. If you don't have a dedicated plastics supplier, try talking to the local joinery. They use this stuff as inserts in kitchen benchs for the trendy cutting boards.

Cheers

Thy

murf
31-05-2011, 09:09 AM
there is a plastics factory in Coffs, they cut to size/templates

cheers Murf

melony
31-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks Murf,
I had no idea that they were in coffs, I emailed them today for pricing.

Thanks Tony

murf
16-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks Murf,
I had no idea that they were in coffs, I emailed them today for pricing.

Thanks Tony

how did you go?

cheers Murf