PDA

View Full Version : Spanish mackerel

MEG-A-BITE
30-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Took a friend out to the cape yesterday, expecting good conditions according to the weather man! But no he got it wrong again. Any way fished in the rain and wind for a few legal snapper. But the highlight of the day were 2 Spanish Macs. My mate had never caught anything bigger than a snapper before so he was very happy with his Mack.
All in had a great day out.

jtpython
30-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Nice work they are in good condition too
JT

ozassassin
30-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Good going guys, nice feed there.

Eric

Midnight
30-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Good onya Wayne, nice fish.

Did you get them trolling or live bait?

Cheers,
Myles

MEG-A-BITE
30-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi Myles,How you doing in NSW? your boat looks good,got the mack on dead bait just drifting.Not big but very good on the BBQ.

Midnight
30-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Good thanks Wayne, I am slowly getting the boat sorted to how I want it. A few little jobs to go, re rig the out riggers, plumb my live bait tank etc.

Had it on the slip for 3 days last week for a good amount of preventative maintenance and righting a few wrongs.

She will be ready fish by next week. The Marlin are just about gone, and I am hoping for a run of Yellowfin soon, and we are going to go and play with a few Mako's as well. I am rally looking forward to next summer though to chase some more Marlin around with it;D

Good luck on the Cape grounds mate.

Cheers

Drew05
30-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Nice pics Meg-a-Bite. We were there too in the unexpected wind, and my mate lost his 'Spanish Mack Virginity' with this nice one.

Bull
31-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Well done to you both. I bet they got your mates adrenalin pumping they certainly go. Very nice on the chew as well.

MEG-A-BITE
31-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Yep,now my mate just wants to go and fish for Macks,he will have to wait till summer get here.Think they will be going soon.

sleepygreg
31-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Nice going wayne. Good to see you putting your mates on to fish. It wasnt so long ago I remember us having a conversation at the boat club and you were asking what sort of pelagics we got off here. Also looks like the Whittley is a bit more fish friendly than the Kayak - lol.

Cheers
Greg

MEG-A-BITE
01-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi Greg,sure is let me know when your free for a catch up.
cheers.