PDA

View Full Version : Moreton Offshore Today

Bull
29-05-2011, 08:18 PM
I left Manly at 5am this morning out through south passage bar then to the bait ground for a few livies. First stop was the southern 29s we had a half decent show on the sounder but couldnt raise a scale.

Then off to the 35s and tried at least 6 spots with no result. The storms were pretty impresive lots of thunder and lightening but we were lucky they all skirted around us.

Things were starting to get a little desperate so in we went to the northen 29s and managed to get half a dozen snapper.

The trip back to the bar was a bit of a slog punching into the slop. It was pretty much bottom of the tide when we went through the bar and it was quite calm.

Thanks
Bull

rosco1974
29-05-2011, 08:33 PM
good feed there mate well done.i fished the northern 29's this morning till the storm opened up on us then headed north ,prob should of stayed a bit longer by the looks of things.went out throught the northern channel bout 8 this morning and it was pretty ordinary to say the least.herd a few on the radio saying it wast much better around 10 u must of came in just after the run in tide had started. the northern 29's has been fishing well for a while now
cheers rosco

Bull
29-05-2011, 08:58 PM
good feed there mate well done.i fished the northern 29's this morning till the storm opened up on us then headed north ,prob should of stayed a bit longer by the looks of things.went out throught the northern channel bout 8 this morning and it was pretty ordinary to say the least.herd a few on the radio saying it wast much better around 10 u must of came in just after the run in tide had started. the northern 29's has been fishing well for a while now
cheers rosco

Rosco I came back through the Northern Channel at 2pm. Had the boat on the trailer at 2.45pm

I meant to mention before 2 of 4 Red Nav Beacons arent working. The ones as you go around the corner at Sandy Point Reach.

Bull

ozassassin
30-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Bull, good to see you done well for your efforts.

Eric

honda900
31-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Bull,

Thats a very distinctive boat you have, you were beside us at the northern bait grounds. You, Rosco and Us all had the same Idea, then, we fished the northern 29's for a couple of snapper and a nice maori cod. When that second and third set of storms approached we decided to call it a day with all that lightening around.

On the way home we saw a Cat disappearing into one of the storms at the bottom of the 29's, as we skirted around it, I suspect now that it was actually Rosco, looked pretty spectacular looking through the rain to see the boat slowly disappearing into the storm.

Regards
HOnda.

Bull
31-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Eric,
It was good to get out on the water and float around for the day and beer battered fish for dinner kept the family happy.

Honda,
My boat has been a work in progess for a while now but im pretty happy with the way she has turned out. What boat were you guys on?
We were at the 35s when the storms rolled through so we managed to keep dry.
Pretty sure Rosco went home around the cape so it must of been someone else in the cat disappearing into the storm.

Thanks
Brett

honda900
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Brett,

we were in the light blue and white Yalta.

The lightening was the worry though, we were heading out wider when we decided to pull the pin..

I wish I had taken a photo of the cat disappearing, it looked spectacular, under one of those really dark, low hanging clouds and rain.

Also there were 2 greens out on the way through the rous before you get to the reds as well.

Regards

HOnda.