PDA

View Full Version : boaties market

sid_fishes
26-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Just recieved my flyers for the next boaties market.
Sunday 17th july
Come one come all
ian

scottishguy
26-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Never been to one of these before. What can I expect?

finga
26-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Any thing including the long needed water pump kit for the Royal Scott.

And sausages on bread. Mmmmmm ;D

grammel
26-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Where is the boaties market ???

albey
26-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Victoria Point State primary school.
It has gone from success to success and is now massive.If you want to sell something boat or fishing related then show up at 5 in the morning or earlier and set up a simple stall,costs nothing,entry fee is gold coin,lots of boats for sale and as already said anything boaty or fishy.Set a stall up a couple of years back and sold absolutely everything except 2 pushbikes which I gave away to a couple of kids.
Cant wait

AnthonyL
26-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I will be there at 5am at the gate with my collection bucket ...all donations greatly needed and apprciated for VMR Vicky Pt.

nigelr
27-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Arrrgh, wish I was closer, sounds like a great time to be had!

PinHead
27-05-2011, 12:33 PM

quite a few Ausfish blokes there so be warned..some of them are a bit of a problem when let out in public but I won't mention finga's name in that regard.

And ya might see what you think may be a gentle middle aged gentleman with silver hair...APPROACH WITH CAUTION..it may be TOL.

If ya see a bloke..well you may not see him behind the arms full of tackle..that will be Aigutso.

tropicrows
27-05-2011, 12:43 PM
I believe Mike (Aigutso) has just purchased a "B double" to take some stuff down to the market.

theoldlegend
27-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I believe Mike (Aigutso) has just purchased a "B double" to take some stuff down to the market.

And that's just the first lot!! The second pantechnicon is expected about 10 am.

All I'm after is another 550 C5 Alvey. That'll make 2 x 550A and 2 x 550C in the shed.

Then I'll be in heaven. Then I might have to look for a suitable rod for them. Maybe a 4132 or a 6144 perhaps?

And yes Greg, I'll be there, silver or white hair and all.

With a sausage sanga in the left hand.

TOL

finga
28-05-2011, 07:04 AM
quite a few Ausfish blokes there so be warned..some of them are a bit of a problem when let out in public but I won't mention finga's name in that regard.

And ya might see what you think may be a gentle middle aged gentleman with silver hair...APPROACH WITH CAUTION..it may be TOL.

If ya see a bloke..well you may not see him behind the arms full of tackle..that will be Aigutso.
Oh come on now matey. Fair suck of the sav eh.
To be honest the poor buggers must have found the going a bit tough the last couple of markets.
Why?? Because I haven't gone. :P

TOL will be there. Charlie usually makes an incognito appearance. Usually see lots of others like Spaniard King and Dave and Adam and Phill and Mike and Marlin Mike (if VMR isn't on that week-end, but usually is)....and lots of other people who I can't remember names to but know there's mugs.

I should be returning a lot of the crap I've purchased there over the years but ya just never know when you might need it. ::)

charleville
28-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Charlie usually makes an incognito appearance.

I usually try to stand sideways so people won't see me.

;D ;D ;D

I usually spend more on my donation at the entrance than I do from any of the stall holders though. ::)

theoldlegend
28-05-2011, 02:59 PM
If enough Ausfishers show up, we could have a M & G there.

TOL

charleville
28-05-2011, 05:12 PM
If enough Ausfishers show up, we could have a M & G there.

... or even a G & T. :D

finga
29-05-2011, 06:39 AM
OK...what's a G & T??
Gees I hate them things.

Is it a Gabba and Talk??
Is it a Greet and titalate?? (I hope not)
Is it a Ginger beer and tortilla's??
Is it a Gwenda and TOL??

wayno60
29-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Gin and Tonic?

Marlin_Mike
30-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Oh come on now matey. Fair suck of the sav eh.
To be honest the poor buggers must have found the going a bit tough the last couple of markets.
Why?? Because I haven't gone. :P

TOL will be there. Charlie usually makes an incognito appearance. Usually see lots of others like Spaniard King and Dave and Adam and Phill and Mike and Marlin Mike (if VMR isn't on that week-end, but usually is)....and lots of other people who I can't remember names to but know there's mugs.

I should be returning a lot of the crap I've purchased there over the years but ya just never know when you might need it. ::)

Yes Finga, usually is on, and I will be on duty for this one also......... BUMMER........

Mike

shrunken pojie
16-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Rain again. Anyone know if the Boaties Market is still on?

Da-Jew-Man
16-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Checked with VMR this morning and was still on. They had checked the grounds and all was well.
However still raining so best to check again this avo.

wayno60
16-07-2011, 07:47 PM
now the rain has eased im guessing it all ahead full steam???

Tangles
16-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Ive just seen this thread, i tell ya Im reformed you ferrets!!!!!

see you there, just dont get between me and shiny things as it will be more dangerous than being between a fat kid on a cream bun!!

Tangles
17-07-2011, 06:21 AM
weather is fine over here at Viccie Point

mike

theoldlegend
17-07-2011, 06:25 AM
It's fine here too.

Just got to make Gwenda a cuppa so she can read the paper in bed, then I'm off!!

Are you buying or selling Mike?

TOL

finga
17-07-2011, 10:35 AM
TOL...it's 6.25. It's over already.
You have to get there at 4.30 with a dolphin to get the bargains.

So who got what bargains??

theoldlegend
17-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Aigutso got a Penn overhead and so did I. They're both very shiny too.

I also got an Alvey 655 C5 as well.

Then I dropped a rod at Sid Fisher's shop so he can replace a runner for me.

Then I went home.

Apparently buyers were there buying by torchlight.

TOL

finga
17-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I dropped a rod at Sid Fisher's shop so he can replace a runner for me.

Then I went home.

TOL
How is Uncle Sid?

I told you about the Dolphin torch didn't I??

theoldlegend
17-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Sid's good Scott.

The old Dolphin torch is a must apparently. The number of boats for sale seemed down on previous times.

TOL

netmaker
17-07-2011, 02:13 PM
i was there at 4.30. didn't take a torch and bloke at first stall didnt want to sell his gas lantern either! scored a commercial stick blender for making berley for $30 and an unused rjayz berley bucket with weight for $15!
bargain

fisher28
17-07-2011, 03:56 PM
i bought a long handled wilson landing net with fine mesh for 2 bux,ill use it to catch some aquarium fish.and a reef anchor/grapple for the trawler for 5 bux.i seen some rods i liked but the prices were too big for me!!!

PinHead
17-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Aigutso got a Penn overhead and so did I. They're both very shiny too.

I also got an Alvey 655 C5 as well.

Then I dropped a rod at Sid Fisher's shop so he can replace a runner for me.

Then I went home.

TOL

are you serious..and when do you blokes plan on using those ? never have I met a couple of bowerbirds like you two.

finga
18-07-2011, 10:08 AM
are you serious..and when do you blokes plan on using those ? never have I met a couple of bowerbirds like you two.
Yeah. Those two should seek help.

Tangles
18-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Using them... why? whats the point of that

I turned up and there was TOL wandering around, i think he was giving himself a sore neck the way he was checking out all the old Alveys and rods, I dont think the old Penn Senators 3s where a bargain but geez they are shiny

theoldlegend
18-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Never seen anything so shiny!! The sun was glinting off them so much it was like a beacon.

And when that bloke dropped $30 off that Alvey - well, it just had to be bought.

TOL

timddo
18-07-2011, 11:47 AM
TOL

Do you actually go fishing or all the Rods stay in the Shed like FINGA's Collection. I seem to have the same bug with rods, reels and now boats

theoldlegend
18-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Nah mate, they just sit there, with the odd one being used now and again. Just like Finga.

I generally take some down to Iluka when we go there, just to cover the bases for the usual species. Keep a couple of one piece surf rods down there too.

Trouble is, all my surf rods are low mount. I'm thinking of a mid mount or even a high mount rod for a spinning reel atm. I'd like to use the good ol' TSS4 or the Okuma EFS 80 for a bit of high speed spinning the next time. Not keen on taking the reels on the beach though.

But to answer your question, I guess I just like collecting them.

TOL

fisho8
18-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Must go and check one of these markets out one day trust me to only see this thread now but lol. Just my luck.