PDA

View Full Version : Sat 21st caloudra wide

steelydan
22-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Tough day on the open ocean on saturday. Plan was to head out mid morning and fish through til midnight- originally had planned a trip to the hards but when we came out of mooloolaba decided on something closer. when we left bris and checked the obs the wind has dropped to 7-9 knots so thought it might be dropping out. Punched out to our mark got a few mixed reefies. That was the boys did- the skipper yours truely hit the deck after the first drop and spent the whole day calling dinosaurs, not nice. Trip back in was fun, 2 hrs back to the ramp, good to see what the boat can handle though, have been in rougher stuff of fraser but not for that distance and prob not with that swell from memory.

Have spend the bulk of today flat out at work occasionally watching the obs that have barely reached 10 knots- and i nearly took the day off to go offshore, oh well!

Sheik
23-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Well Dr Dan, green by name, green by nature. Serves you right for trying to sneak out without me.
No really, that's a bast*rd when the wind changes basically as you're heading off from the ramp.
I think your big problem is you're not going out often enough mate. talk soon
dr jim