PDA

View Full Version : OMG....crab virgin no longer!

Bear001
21-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Well....I dont really eat fish....never tried crab or lobster

Until about a month ago I sampled some fresh blue swimmer on a platter AND FELL IN LOOOOVE...YUM YUM....so I had it again at the Safari Club restuarant in Tamworth & think I might now have an addiction.::) ;D

They tell me mud crab is yummier still!!!:o
So thats it.....next time I head to the coast or qld....will be doing some homework on crabbing for sure!!!

Always wondered why you mob put in so much effort, we could never be bothered and would rather spend the trip fishing.....I spose being freshwater fisho who never grew up crabbing I didnt know any different.... :-[

So hmmmm - next on the taste list will have to be lobster......followed by saltwater barra.............;)

Cind

Lucky_Phill
22-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Sand crab tastes way better than Mud crab Cindy.

Just think about where each crab lives and what they eat ?? ::)

Then again....... Spanner crab is as sweet as sandies. Just a tad more difficult to access the meat, but there is a trick to that.

Cheers LP

baitwaster
22-05-2011, 07:02 AM
I'll have a muddy anyday. ( or a sandie, or a spanner ) LOL. Still, there is nothing wrong with Marin either.

finga
22-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Gees Cindy I thought you caught a crab.
That'll be something to celebrate.

Just remember though...losing your crab catching virginity is different to losing your virginity and catching crabs.

I still like big craybob's cooked up though. Just like minature lobsters they are I reckon.

theoldlegend
22-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Gees Cindy I thought you caught a crab.
That'll be something to celebrate.

Just remember though...losing your crab catching virginity is different to losing your virginity and catching crabs.

I still like big craybob's cooked up though. Just like minature lobsters they are I reckon.

Ha ha ha. Priceless Scott! ;D

TOL

sandbankmagnet
22-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Mud crab and sand crab have different tastes and therefore different people will prefer one or the other. When they say that one tastes better, they can only really be reporting on their own tastes, rather than being an authority on it.

Now, after saying that... mud crab is the best :P

rosco1974
22-05-2011, 05:59 PM
cindy,
if you come up to brissy pm me befor u come up and i will take you out and get u a feed of both muddies and sandies.as long as its between september - may,they are scarce through winter here
cheers rosco

BLOOEY
22-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Haha, good stuff cind. It is great fun going crabbing. The anticipation when pulling a pot, dealing with an angry crab and then cooking it up fresh and tucking in while it is still warm is something to look forward too!
A full muddy is hard to beat but a sandy beats a half full one i reckon.
Ben

captain rednut
22-05-2011, 07:30 PM
good stuff cind its about time you lashed out.
cheers cr

Bear001
25-05-2011, 09:48 PM
seems everyone has different favourite.....as long as the only crabs I discover are edible then its all sweet........:-X ;) ;D

Barry Ehsman
26-05-2011, 06:13 PM
seems everyone has different favourite.....as long as the only crabs I discover are edible then its all sweet........:-X ;) ;D

I still can't believe you have never eaten Crab::) Ill be trying some for you in hervey Bay next week;D ..

Baz

rando
03-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Wait till you taste one prepared asian style,,,, There is nothing on the planet better than chilli plum crab

timddo
03-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Wait till you taste one prepared asian style,,,, There is nothing on the planet better than chilli plum crab

Yes there is. Sweat Chill Crabs. Tamarine Crabs, Singapore crabs. Satay Crabs.

However i just like plain old boiled crab, dipped with salt, pepper and lime juice.

sandbankmagnet
03-06-2011, 09:51 PM
You just can't lose with it. A mate of mine tells me how he likes to melt some butter and dip a fresh cooked crab in it and scoff it down. Another one has told me the same but with vinegar. Each to their own, but love the possibilties.

Also love going to a restaurant and seeing them for $60 a pop and know that I've just caught a few the week before.

Bear001
04-06-2011, 11:17 PM
ya killin me you lot that have it on tap on your doorstep!
augh.....lol