PDA

View Full Version : goldy

Kiwifisho
21-05-2011, 09:32 PM
didn'thave to work today so took a chance and went down the gold coast boy was it lumpy but managed to bag out on trag jew and was home having a cleansing ale by 8.20pm left home late afternoon amazing how many were out there when I left no pics camera was at home::)

Captain Incredible
21-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Lumpy is an understatement- rough to frightening off Cape Moreton today! I came in really early and fished (pretty unsuccessfully) the Bulwer Ledge. But at least we were all safe and sound.

As corny as it sounds I pulled in to Morgans on the way back and bought each of the lads a couple of kilos of Banan prawns to take home for a feed. These were regular great clients and we all had a bit of a laugh about it.

I tried to do my best but in the end the weather today won hands down. These blokes are back again next month so hopefully good weather & great fishing for all of us.

Cheers,

Keith

Smithy
22-05-2011, 04:58 AM
I am glad I pulled the pin when I did yesterday and was tieing up at 1:30 turning a full day into a 3/4 day. From then on the rain was constant. We didn't really have any showers till we decided to come in. Boys had an esky full and only had about 10 beers left so it was an easy call. Had to fillet a couple of the gold spot cod to fit them in. I've certainly been caught out the last two days on the weather forecasts. About to do it all again in a sec.

Scalem
22-05-2011, 05:55 AM
I heard you blokes offshore yesterday, and if you guys found it tough I would have had white knuckles I am sure. I can handle wind, I can handle rain, but both on 2 mtr swell and 1 mtr slop I'll leave to you. Good luck!!

Scalem

captain rednut
22-05-2011, 07:39 AM
They certainly got it all wrong this weekend not even close. good luck today smithy i hope it drops out for you.
CHEERS JIM

007legend
22-05-2011, 08:31 AM
It certainly did come away at midday, guess I just fluked it in.
Once i got away from Hutchys in the morn and headed north conditions were great, managed to get a respectable fed for my punters and 10 kg Dolly to top it off in the arvo. Trip back to Comby I would rate as hazadous...
Cheers
Dougie.

carnster
22-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Tweed bar was fun this arve for sure. Only one tuna, missed a marlin, a cobe and a had big hit on a 60cm troll mack tuna but did not stay connected.

Tunzafun
22-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Nice work Kiwifisho. Was very ordinary in Brisbane so I gave it a miss. Going by the reports above it was not a day to be out there.

backlash08
22-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Went out of mooloolaba at 1630 yesterday for about 1mile then surfed back in and caught a few hair tail in the river, conditions were not good, whats it like today

TREVELLY
22-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Went out yesterday first up caught a couple of pearlies near Hutchies.

Boy did it turn to crap early arvo. A solid 20 knots on a 2.5m swell all coming from the east.

Stuck at it and had the swells near breaking about 3pm - it wasn't pretty.

Safe enough but very uncomfortable - would not have liked to have been there in a smaller boat.

We got a little yellowfin trolling and got taken for a ride by two double hook ups trolling - my money was on big hoos - not happy with end result as two fish hooks pulled, one fish after 20 minutes trace failed at crimp and another after 10 minutes snapped off on reef. They were all big fish too - two of them took 200m of 60lb braid out with about 10kg drag set. Good fun but a shame nothing boated. The trolled skirt lures that were retieved were chopped up.

Combo point in 3m of water had some solid swells moving over it so would not have been any fun after dark. We got through about 4.30pm.

steve bart
22-05-2011, 03:44 PM
We were out at deeptempest yesterday also not to bad going out but comming in near the cape was a bit hows your father .There wasn't to much talking going on the boat untill we got into the bay (first time out for the deckies,and the last i think)Then it rained all the way into scarby.We got a good feed but had to work hard for it.Heaps of grey coats taking their share.
Cheers Steve

sleepygreg
22-05-2011, 11:09 PM
holy moly.....if Dougie says it was hazardous coming back to Combi.....then Im glad I wasnt out there....he is one skip I would trust with my life.

Greg

rakinray
23-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Hey all they sure did get it wrong !>:( We spent Sat and sunday out from Noosa and it was lumpy all week-end. This was my first time over the Noosa Bar and it is short and nasty with a good swell on it.:o We had one of the six boats that we had almost go over on Sunday morn when he misjudged the last set and got a big Greenie right on top of his 189 Allison, totally smashing his screen,clears.stainless top and canopy, also resuting in a heap of stitches to his face and mouth ! Most of the guys on the boats were crook at some stage with a SE/wind chop on a nice 2mtr swell, We didnt get very wide due to the weather so the fishing was just ok with some reefies being the best of a bad day.

CHEERS RAY, Sorry to hijack your post. PS See Noosa Bar Crossing in Video Section.

business class
24-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Tweed bar was fun this arve for sure. Only one tuna, missed a marlin, a cobe and a had big hit on a 60cm troll mack tuna but did not stay connected.

Was it a Black, stipey or sail? interested to know what depth you were in and if you were marking bait?

carnster
24-05-2011, 06:44 PM
BC that is a tough one as i am not an expert on marlin, but i am pretty sure it was a black cause it looked electric blue as it was just below the surface, with its sail partly out of the water. i have seen a black do this before a strike. It could have been a big wahoo but it was around 3m long and it did look like a marlin to me. It was near the nine mile reef. There was some good shows on the sounder - bait balls. It was a likely culprit for the tuna hit although the last tuna that size got eaten by a relatively small 1.1m spanish so who knows. Saw the cobe chase up my trolled slimey so i dropped it back down and it got smashed, unfortunately it didn't stay hooked. Water temp was 24.5 deg. Water depth 25 to 40m.

business class
25-05-2011, 02:40 PM
BC that is a tough one as i am not an expert on marlin, but i am pretty sure it was a black cause it looked electric blue as it was just below the surface, with its sail partly out of the water. i have seen a black do this before a strike. It could have been a big wahoo but it was around 3m long and it did look like a marlin to me. It was near the nine mile reef. There was some good shows on the sounder - bait balls. It was a likely culprit for the tuna hit although the last tuna that size got eaten by a relatively small 1.1m spanish so who knows. Saw the cobe chase up my trolled slimey so i dropped it back down and it got smashed, unfortunately it didn't stay hooked. Water temp was 24.5 deg. Water depth 25 to 40m.

Thanks mate, Yeah there are norm a few sails around that area with some mid ranged blacks this time of year. Norm a Mid sized black like that will go crazy on the surface, but every fish is different. May have to bring out the 8kg and go see whats about. Thanks again