PDA

View Full Version : alloy gunwale extrusion

captain rednut
19-05-2011, 09:33 PM
hi all
Does anyone know where in brisbane supplies the anodised alluminium gunwale extrusion around the edge of most very old fibreglass boats??? haines hunter used it on there early classic designs. any help would be appreciated.
cheers jim

Muddy Toes
19-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey Jim try Capral Aluminium.....i worked there years ago and remember seeing a few profiles like that, if not the exact ones they will have other profiles that will do the job.

Greg001
20-05-2011, 06:20 AM
If they haven't got it try Ullrich Alumiun They might have it. They got me the gunnell rail for an early model Mc Clay a while back. Took 6 weeks to get here fron NZ

CT
21-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Bias or one of those mobs had the corner capping in their last catalogue.

captain rednut
23-05-2011, 08:44 PM
thanks for your replies guys.
cheers cr

oldboot
23-05-2011, 09:59 PM
It all depends on exactly what extrusion you are looking for......there are complete suites of generic extrusion for all sorts of purposes.

BUT

As long as you want to run the minimum required ammount and have the die, getting a custom extrusion run is not hard.

A mate of mine gets extrusion run on a regular basis and last time I spoke to him about such things 100KG was the minimum which is not much extrusion.

SO

It would not be unreasonable to expect any volume producer to have their own proprietary extrusion.

cheers

Greg P
23-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Jim

Try this website

http://tacomarine.com/cat--Aluminum-Rub-Rail--cat2_aluminum_rr.html

You can order through West Marine website if nothing local avail

wirlybird
12-08-2011, 10:54 AM
How did you go finding the extrusion Captian rednut?