PDA

View Full Version : Allison Vision 195

davecc
19-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Just wondering if any one can give me some feed back on a 2004 allison vison 195 with a 150 honda 4 stroke, It has high 300 hours on it and has always been serviced,
Any feed back would be great thanks
Cheers Dave

Noelm
19-05-2011, 11:15 AM
motor will be fine, the boat well... lets say I am not a fan, but plenty like them and they do seem to have a bit of a following.

grammel
19-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi davecc i have a vision 195 with a merc 135 2stroke.I found after i bought her she was a dog offshore in rough water but after fitting a four blade prop and trim tabs what a great boat it is.

No Fear
19-05-2011, 05:26 PM
My mate has one and compared to other fiberglass boats I've been in, they certainly bang and crash a lot more in sloppy waters...sounds like Grammal has found the solution!!

grammel
19-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Bang and crash is a good description,the trick is to get lift at the stern to push the bow down which allows the hull to work.My boat has a pod and i am told the same hull without a pod does not have the same problem, anyway i am very happy with mine since fitting prop and trim tabs.

Dignity
19-05-2011, 06:34 PM
300 hrs is just starting to get run in for a 4 stroke. Mine had a 5 blade prop and a foil which made a lot of difference although she is in for a heart transplant (150 hp 4stroke Yammie) plus getting trim tabs fitted. I have found they can be a slightly wetter boat than some other breeds but the cockpit space is awesome for similar sized boats.

davecc
19-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the replys to the boat, I think that i will go take it for a water test on the weekend and see what i think about it, Is there any thing that i should look out for when i look over it
Cheers Dave

Dignity
20-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Allways ask to remove the bungs after any test to see if water has leaked into the pod or hull. Get the motor checked by a professional, very cheap insurance.

PADDLES
20-05-2011, 07:50 AM
hey dave, i assume you're looking at the one on boatpoint down the goldy at the moment. it looks like it's been left in the water. those boats are tail heavy and the motor could have possibly spent a deal of time in the salt when it was moored so i'd be most suss on corrosion. if you decide to go ahead with it, maybe get onto someone like grand marlin on here who is a honda techo wizz and pay him to look real close at the motor before you commit your hard earned, i think he's down that way.

Noelm
20-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the replys to the boat, I think that i will go take it for a water test on the weekend and see what i think about it, Is there any thing that i should look out for when i look over it
Cheers Dave
Take it for a drive side on to a decent breeze, then decide if you still want to buy it, if you do, factor trim tabs into the price.

davecc
20-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks Paddles, thats the one im looking at, you wouldnt have grand marlins number by chance would you. I have spoken to the owner about the boat, says it very good condition so i guess having a look cant really hurt. There doesnt seem to be alot of good boats out there at the moment.
I did find a haines hunter 570 champion with an older 150 honda 4 stoke but cant get hold of the guy
Cheers dave

PADDLES
20-05-2011, 10:01 AM
i got mixed up and recommended the wrong guy dave. it's "spaniard king" you're after as a honda techo, i think his business is call gd marine services, the mobile number is 0400008507. grand marlin does boat electrics.

Noelm
20-05-2011, 10:11 AM
kinda thought you had it mixed up, but thought maybe Pete is a Honda guy as well.

PADDLES
20-05-2011, 10:26 AM
yeah noel, a bit of friday brain fade, i think i should just go home ...........

Dignity
21-05-2011, 07:01 AM
Almost forgot, some of the older boats the floor separated from the stringers, you can tell if the floor around the fuel tank is mismatched. They are entirely .fibreglass and kept together with sikaflex, easily fixed though