PDA

View Full Version : freighting motor from perth to gold coast

oldie
18-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey guys just after some ideas on best and cheapest way to get a motor from Perth to the Gold Coast Area? any help is much appreciated

To think i have had quotes of $700USD from the states to Brisbane for a used motor can only imagine ill be ripped off in oz for land freight? who is best for outboard freight?

cheers Oldie

wrxhoon
18-05-2011, 08:59 PM
That will depend on 2 things, engine weight and if you have a forklift to load on and unload. Allow around the $350 if on a pallet or skid with fork on and fork off.

oldie
18-05-2011, 09:20 PM
yeah is on a pallet and have fork on this end just going thru the motions with a few companies online.

gets frustrating the cost of everything in oz, east coast is ok but west to east or vice versa seems pretty xpensive for boat transport.

Jarrah Jack
18-05-2011, 10:16 PM
It may pay to ring around a bit more Oldie. When I was getting jarrah trucked over from Perth I got onto a company that moved machinery to Melbourne and they just found some space for me. There were and I guess still are more goods heading West than stuff coming back so it was much cheaper. It was just a matter of ringing trucking companies in Perth.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Do-You-Need-Boat-Motor-Transport-Outboard-Delivery-Aus-/250817445198?pt=AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a65e27d4e

Try them as well.