PDA

View Full Version : Coast fishing comp cancelled ! YEPPOON

blacksunday
17-05-2011, 09:34 PM
BREAKING: The Capricorn Coast’s popular Tight Lines Fishing Classic has been cancelled this year due to a lack of volunteers and funding.
In an announcement today, Yeppoon Coast Guard Flotilla Commander Chris Penglase said organising the event and earning local business support was a labour-intensive task for the few volunteers available.
“Our normal work of radio watch, rescues and medical evacuations, regular public education classes and routine vessel and building maintenance are being carried out by fewer and fewer volunteers,” he said.
“We struggled to stage the event last year with around 30 volunteers and although we intended to outsource much for this year’s event, we still had the huge organisational workload being carried by only a couple of members.”
The Yeppoon Coast Guard receives less than 10% of its operating budget in government funding and needs to raise the balance by donations and members’ fundraising efforts.
The highly successful event was scheduled for August 12 to 14 and was the organisation’s major fundraiser. Mr Penglase said the announcement was “sadly ironic” following National Volunteer Week, and the committee’s emphasis was now on a vigorous membership drive to encourage recruitment of active volunteers.
He said Tight Lines would be back in August 2012, held adjacent to the operation centre at the Rosslyn Bay Harbour.

WTF?????

blacksunday
17-05-2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/story/2011/05/17/coast-fishing-comp-cancelled/

might i add not f###ing happy jan! been going at it for months getting the big boat all fixed up for the comp and hoildays already booked is there some way to turn this arround? where can we sign up to help out?

sleepygreg
17-05-2011, 09:43 PM
its a sign of the current economic climate. Our club had planned to run a heavy tackle tournament for the end of may.....had to can it from lack of sponsorship moneys. Currently trying to reschedule for September - things are tough out there.

BOMBER
17-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Have to agree with Sleepygreg on this one unless your a miner, doctor or politician things are extremely tough ou their in the world in my line of work 19 retail stores have closed down in the 16 months.

The Bomber

kercus
17-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Caloundra Coastguard is holding the Shane Stewart Memorial Fishing Competition on the Queen's Birthday weekend, June 10,11 & 12th - Estuary and Offshore. Registration from 12p.m. Friday 10th. next to Caloundra Power Boat Club.
. Cost is - Adult $50 Child $20. Good prizes, and lucky draws. 8-) Cheers, Kercus

jtpython
18-05-2011, 02:45 PM
A Shame indeed
Lest wags will be saved from beening outfished as usual
Jt

wags on the water
18-05-2011, 04:45 PM
A Shame indeed
Lest wags will be saved from beening outfished as usual
Jt

I might just have to tow the boat up and go fishing anyway on your marks.

MY ALIBI
18-05-2011, 07:31 PM
spewin i had hols booked in tooo .......

oh well north west it is ANYONE INTERESTED ,,,, NEVER BEEN THERE YET....

blacksunday
18-05-2011, 08:35 PM
hey bud if u got the room i'll jump in for a few days on the water havent been for a fish since last tight lines not even to the bloody dam here

jtpython
18-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Be a month or two till i go again. And Wags since when has that helped u
JT

wags on the water
18-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Be a month or two till i go again. And Wags since when has that helped u
JT

I live in hope of one day it'll all work in my favour.;)

Sheik
22-05-2011, 12:27 AM
I live in hope of one day it'll all work in my favour.;)
JT how are you getting on mate? I bet the boat's shiny from all the polishing you're doing. That's boat polishing not anything else.
We're booked into turkey for the 9th so i'll give you a call soon about some local info... not that I think any local info will help us.
regards jim

Sheik
22-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Sorry Wags, copied the wrong one mate. Meant to be for JT obviously

jtpython
22-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Nice one jim seeing my mate this week hopefully for a map
JT

Sheik
23-05-2011, 12:23 AM
gold mate ta