PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass bait board

OPTI
16-05-2011, 06:57 PM
i need a large fiberglass bait board,similar to the cruise craft /haines hunter type,i liked the pm marine one but they seem to be out of buisness.i really dont want to make one my self ,has anyone seen any others on the market ,i dont want aluminium,cheers dave

trueblue
16-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I have a good fibreglass one, but have never seen any similar ones for sale. very odd that they are not easy to buy as they are extremely good.

timddo
16-05-2011, 07:06 PM
have you looked at Ch smith

http://www.chsmith.com.au/Products/Fibreglass-Baitboard.html

hilta1
16-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi, I spoke to pm marine today, it was about the evolution 600 extreme, but they were open

walruss
17-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Try contacting PM Marine at Evolution boats if you like them. Same company.

Evolution Boats
4/254 Canterbury Road
Bayswater VIC 3153
T: (03) 9738 0085
F: (03) 8740 3115

deckie
17-05-2011, 06:32 PM
How about a teak baitboard ? ;D

Hard to get good glass ones except from the boat builders who dont miss u on price.

Glass ones always look spiffy with some polished perforated stainless wrapped around the sides and back.

OPTI
17-05-2011, 06:50 PM
looks like i might of scored a big haines hunter board ,which was my top pick.
pm marine didnt respond to my emails ,i called evolution today and was told id be called back ,[never happened].hopefully the haines board comes through .the little things can be such a drama,lol

pilchardjones
19-05-2011, 09:00 AM
gday opti,
i have been following your fitout - awesome job.
you are obviously pretty handy so maybe would consider building one similar to mine? I had it custom built out of starboard. any cabinetmaker could do it also. the huge storage tray is what i really appreciate for a day's fishing. everything is always right there where you need it.
it is so handy having drawers. 1 for pliers / knives etc etc etc, and 1 for bait to keep it out of the sun.
this one is removable - the legs sit in vertical rod holders, as I sometimes fit a rear lounge backrest across the transom when we are family boating and not fishing.
anyway just another option for you.
steve

HH565L
21-05-2011, 09:58 PM
i need a large fiberglass bait board,similar to the cruise craft /haines hunter type,i liked the pm marine one but they seem to be out of buisness.i really dont want to make one my self ,has anyone seen any others on the market ,i dont want aluminium,cheers dave

What make you think PM Marine are out of business Dave?

They are still around mate and building plenty of EVO's.

I was in there only a couple of weeks ago, and will be heading back for a factory tour/bbq soon.

http://www.pmmarine.com.au/

BTW, did you get my reply to your pm re rod holders?

Regards,
Spiro

OPTI
22-05-2011, 07:13 AM
i sent them 2 emails and got no reply,i didnt realise pm marine was evo boats,anyway i called them spoke to a young bloke who said the big board was 450 ,but he would have to get the boss to ring me back ,i never got the call.
in the meantime adam from nautek pm'd me and is supplying me the large haines hunter board,off the patriot,with water proof led lights and switch:P .this was my first pick so it all worked out well in the end,i just couldnt be bothered making any more stuff for this boat ,i just want to finish it,if you know what i mean.thanks for your help guys

captain rednut
22-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Led lights on the bait board thats flash.::)
i bet you cant wait to hit the water??? not long now.
cheers jim

OPTI
22-05-2011, 01:34 PM
im counting the days now jim,still proably 3 weeks.hows yours coming along ,we need some pics:P