PDA

View Full Version : Imaginative boat names.

Dignity
16-05-2011, 06:55 PM
I got sent a heap of pictures with some interesting boat names including:

Vitamin Sea
Playbouy
Cirrhosis of the River
Piece of Ship
Master Baiter
Amy's Wine House
Wasted Seamen
Breakin Wind
Bull Ship
Ship Happens
Titan Uranus (this is on a merchant vessel registered in Hong Kong)

Any others out there.

whatscracken
16-05-2011, 07:16 PM
There's a game boat up Redcliffe way called"Wet pussy"

Seems to always get your attention when your hear it on the radio!

trueblue
16-05-2011, 07:19 PM
NRNR

'no r%%t, no ride'

seen it at scarborough heaps

Muddy Toes
16-05-2011, 07:55 PM
When i bought my boat i was tossing up between,
-Meals on Reals
-Bow Movement
-A Salt Weapon

charlie09
16-05-2011, 08:01 PM
My name is Vince and a friend of mine named my boat In-Vince-able ::)

Mike Delisser
16-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I saw a boat once called TUG TELLUM............mullet gut backwards

I also like the way in NSW you can use your boat's name its your rego number, as long as it ends in"N", like BASSIN or FISHIN or RIN-TIN-TIN. If we had that here in Qld all I can think of would be FAR-Q.

bama79
16-05-2011, 08:03 PM
mine had no name when i bought it so i called it pinch&roll

Jarrah Jack
16-05-2011, 08:36 PM
I call my tinnie "sh!t everywhere" because whenever someone gets in it they say there is sh!t everywhere. €My other boat is called Thanks Denise for just as obvious reasons.

dodgyone
16-05-2011, 09:03 PM
My rig doesnt have an official name. I usually go by whoever is sponsoring me in each tournament or comp I'm in.
Most guys just know me as Dodgy or the bloke that flies past with just the prop in the water while they are doing it tough.

tunaticer
16-05-2011, 09:11 PM
My kayak is called "Snapp Decision" and my tinny is called "Aspro" cuz its disolving yr by yr.

25 yrs ago there used to be a boat called "CatchaloT" that frequented Deep Tempest. Someone else appeared in the next season with "CatchalotmorE". Dunno if it was the same guy with a new boat or one of his mate taking the piss out of him.

Gon Fishun
16-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Was gunna call mine Aspro ( slow working dope ) but the missus intervened, now it might be called She Got The House. ;D

blueline
16-05-2011, 09:29 PM
iv seen a few up this way, judge mental 2 and mega bite

Wasted Wages Deckie
16-05-2011, 09:44 PM
My Mates boat : Wasted Wages
My Jet Ski : Beneath Me ( Supposedly the fish)

Haji-Baba
16-05-2011, 10:44 PM
What about the sailing dinghy out of Sandgate with s**t painted on the bottom.

And in the days of early Haines Hunters, Pussy Hunter, Nooki Hunter and a sailing boat called Masta- Beta.

Good Names.

Have Fun Haji-Baba.

dan12345
17-05-2011, 03:42 PM
squid marks;)

murf
17-05-2011, 04:14 PM
the old 4.75m Blue Fin Tinny was called Good SPOT

and the new 5m Nova is Great SPOT

cheers Murf

Dignity
17-05-2011, 06:33 PM
I now recall a plate alum boat at Horizon Shores (or whatever that place is now called) many years ago that was called Fugly. It was quite distinctive as it had a very artistic impression of a unshaven man wearing a hat and smoking, on closer inspection it was a ##### and associated scrotum with the hat and cigarette added. The boat was also quite fugly as it had a cabin that didn't suit the hull.

Bazzawookooka
17-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Mine's called "Current Affairs"

PinHead
17-05-2011, 06:38 PM
there was a member on here who had a boat named "The Ensuite". They bought the boat instead of adding an ensuite to the house.

Angla
17-05-2011, 06:49 PM
I've seen a few "BiteMe", including mine.

supa29
17-05-2011, 07:02 PM
there are some good names there my first fibreglass 3.5m was called "esky lid", then i brought a punt and it was a c..t of a ride so we called it "front bum",and my mate got taken to the cleaners by a unhappy wife and he called his brand new cat "hidden cash"

great reading the names good thread

supa

Giffo65
17-05-2011, 07:08 PM
My boat name is "Chuckasickie" Cause when the weather is good, thats what you gotta do.I did hear of a boat called" Make my day" so when they logged on with VMR it would be "Go ahead, Make my day" !

sharkcat one
17-05-2011, 07:37 PM
My old boat was called " Office Bitch " . My mate's boat is called " Sweet Lips "

BILLY THE KID
17-05-2011, 08:39 PM
he he , best boat name i have heard by far is " DIXIE NORMUS " .

rippedoffb4
17-05-2011, 09:04 PM
My mate's got a crap tinnie known as 'Bucket o Ship'!

champion
17-05-2011, 09:24 PM
1 mate is called "wet dream"
another who since sold it was "four play"
and mine well .........can some one answer this, can you change the name of a boat ?

we (my brother in law) and i bought our Haines last year of a guy who let his wife name the boat...."orca" i believe it shoud be down in Sydney doing laps of the Mardi Gras circuit. I want to change it but my Bro in law says its bad luck.

Whats your thoughts ?

Joe

Jarrah Jack
17-05-2011, 09:58 PM
and mine well .........can some one answer this, can you change the name of a boat ?

we (my brother in law) and i bought our Haines last year of a guy who let his wife name the boat...."orca" i believe it shoud be down in Sydney doing laps of the Mardi Gras circuit. I want to change it but my Bro in law says its bad luck.

Whats your thoughts ?

Joe

Sorry Joe the name has to stay, you wouldn't want to upset any killer whales would ya..

Gon Fishun
17-05-2011, 10:37 PM

Whats your thoughts ?

Joe

Google 'boatsafe.com' or 'boat name changing rites' They'll set you right.8-)

wayno60
17-05-2011, 10:46 PM
yes you can change the name as long you have a small plaque with the original name hiden somewhere on the boat.

theres also a few names on here
http://www.boatnames.com.au/boat-name-ideas.htm

PeterGar
17-05-2011, 11:45 PM
I saw a boat once called TUG TELLUM............mullet gut backwards

I also like the way in NSW you can use your boat's name its your rego number, as long as it ends in"N", like BASSIN or FISHIN or RIN-TIN-TIN. If we had that here in Qld all I can think of would be FAR-Q.
I just registered mine F1SHON.

GAME0N and 4F1SH1N are still available if you are quick. It costs $155 to get a personal rego.

PeterGar

therapy
18-05-2011, 01:15 AM
"Swimback"

warrigul
18-05-2011, 05:48 AM
my mate red has named his tub "ahh - soul"
because thats what he gets called so often( he reckons) when they see the fish he catches so made it official.::)

Greg001
18-05-2011, 05:54 AM
There's a Haines up here called .......Costalot

finga
18-05-2011, 10:48 AM
The tiny tinny is 'Junior' because it's a iddy biddy bubby boat.
I was considering 'John West' (a tinny full of fish) but I'd be a lier
The old boat is 'Idle Hours' for obvious reasons

One of my brothers boats is 'Wui Wurri' (why worry) and I always wanted to put on the bottom 'I'm Wurried'
His new boat is 'Cat Cha' (Powercat) and we're going to call the tender 'Kort'

Taylor2
18-05-2011, 10:32 PM
I nearly bought a barcrusher called 'All the gear and no idea'...it would have been my first boat..and suited me:P

Scalem
19-05-2011, 07:14 AM
I helped my brother name his which was going to be something like "Miss Naughty" but didn't quite ring right for me, so I suggested " Naugty-gal"

Scalem

seastorm
19-05-2011, 07:16 AM
I know this is not a boat name but saw a car number plate the other day 81GPP

La Vida
19-05-2011, 08:16 AM
when I was with VMR we pulled a boat which ran agound on a sandbank (a quite high speed I might add). you wouldnt guess what its name was... knot nautical... very fitting i thought;D

Noelm
19-05-2011, 08:32 AM
I know a guy and all his boats feature the word "line" in them, he has had, bottom line, side line, try line and a few others, another guy I know his last name is "Page" he has had, back page, sports page, rampage. I guess a name is just that, a name, whether it means anything or not.

Tim Hutchison
19-05-2011, 08:47 AM
I seen a hooker cc the other week called Dirty Hooker I want to buy hooker now so I can steal the name

TimiBoy
19-05-2011, 08:59 AM
My boats will always be "Bubi".

Not much, you might say, but there's a story behind it. I won't tell it now (many sighs of relief) suffice to say it's German for either the Jack, or the Joker in a pack of cards, depending on the dialect.

Very East German, and quite old, before the smart asses like Lucky Phill with two L's tries to find it!

...and it's bloody funny listening to folks trying to pronounce it on the radio or at the pub (eh Tranter?) without sounding like perverts!

Cheers,

Tim

Stik-ugly
19-05-2011, 09:02 AM
I know a bloke who had a tinny called " Als can"

CT
19-05-2011, 10:21 AM

Was it a 6m CC Quinny? My mate bought one named that.

wayno60
19-05-2011, 12:39 PM
When i did my VHF corse over at Southport VMR the teacher told us about a boat called PAY DAY.
Every time he called in to the VMR to check in, they all would freak out because it sounded to much like MAYDAY.
He ended up changing the name.

Micadogs
19-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Joel Monaghan from the Canberra Raiders boat is called "Fog Ducker"

Noelm
19-05-2011, 02:43 PM
haha, might name my boat that! kind of like cunning stunt hey.

finga
19-05-2011, 05:29 PM

haha, might name my boat that! kind of like cunning stunt hey.
Would you fella's buy a car off Mike Hunt's Caryard.
He's in Cooper's Plains and I giggle like a little girl every time I drive by.

Oi Brian.. I prefer Poo's last boat's name.
So easy to say and remember.

stue2
19-05-2011, 06:17 PM
A tinny called "stubby run" works well when we are chasing yabbies

A mate had a boat called "Double XX" cause it was

champion
19-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Was it a 6m CC Quinny? My mate bought one named that.

No it was an AMM cc about the same size.

Unless your sure it was a Quintrex..... could be same boat.
Mind you it was a platey !!

champion
19-05-2011, 08:03 PM
yes you can change the name as long you have a small plaque with the original name hiden somewhere on the boat.

theres also a few names on here

You have got to be joking ???

I believe the only people who came up with this crap was some body trying to make some money out of it......(sounds like our council)

Look ... i understand what you all are saying, but i dont believe in that stuff. But if you do then it will affect you, as your mind is already thinking the worst.

So i dont have to go through the whole rigmarole (it just like church) it will stay as is......... but if you hear me on the water using "ORCA ORCA ORCA" first say hello, then tell everyone I HATE the name.

Joe

Marchy001
19-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Wayliad, current obsession, or black lemon. one of those 3 will make its way on the side of my boat one day.
Black lemon is what its know as to my mates due to the "teething issues" i had so it will probably stick.

purnong
19-05-2011, 08:33 PM
My first decent tinny I called "Squid Vicious"

xjonox
19-05-2011, 09:43 PM
My 83 albetross hull is a crappy faded orange color.

So "old Mustard" just seems to work, :)

FishHunter
20-05-2011, 05:41 AM
Mine started out unofficially as The Black Hole as it was a large hole I tried to fill with cash. Officially its ReelHappy because I am when I am in it.

finga
20-05-2011, 06:58 AM
How come no-one calls their boat The Boat??

I was always going to get a crappy old crabber and paint it brown and call it Brown Floater but every crapy boat I get I do up. Bugger. :-?

wamjam
20-05-2011, 07:28 AM
A mate had a ski boat called "Gravel Rash".

Scott

pueter66
20-05-2011, 02:34 PM
I remember an old tender for a passenger ferry called beatsswimmin

TimiBoy
20-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Clucking Punt?

;D;D;D;D

Tim.

Argle
20-05-2011, 04:11 PM
A couple of mates boats come to mind;
A ski boat called "Organgrinda"
Another ski/race boat was called "Fridge 2 Fridge"
A nice Haines V16R was called "Bloody Tourist"
And an old tub of a fishing boat that was called "The Thing" it was named after we pulled up at the boat ramp at the dam and the ranger came over and said "you arent going to put that thing in the water are you?":P

Good fun naming boats

Cheers
Scott

fat-buoy
20-05-2011, 04:15 PM
My brother's boat is called "Nauti Buoy" which I liked... When I was dreaming of buying a boat I was always going to call mine Fat Buoy for ages but settled on Sea Dog in memory of my dog Arnie... The word Sea is actually a stand in for the letter C but I can't tell you what the C stands for ;) haha

Dignity
21-05-2011, 07:12 AM
A boat up on the sunny coast is called "the shed" after all every man has to have a shed.

thelump
21-05-2011, 08:01 AM
A mate of mine had his boat stolen earlier this year but has now got a new one. its called "Hands Off"

Jarrah Jack
21-05-2011, 11:15 AM
A boat up on the sunny coast is called "the shed" after all every man has to have a shed.

Saw one on the Daly a few weeks ago with the same name. They were doing well too.

Scimitar raider
21-05-2011, 03:44 PM
New one at the boat show called Berth Control

moater
21-05-2011, 04:54 PM
If I see any more names like "Reel Fishing" or "Reel Deal" etc I think I'll pop me brain!!!..apologies to any that like those sorts of names and have named their boat accordingly!:-X

Just seems so overdone and corny to me.::)

onerabbit
21-05-2011, 07:00 PM
There's 1 that goes out of Ballina pretty regular that cracks me up every time I hear it,

what real man would call his boat "She said yes"

Muzz

Bubsy
21-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I saw a good one called " Money Pit ". All boat owners can appreciate that one.

Also saw a very clever one in Mackay called " Doin' Quotes ". I assume he's a builder. That's the slang they use for doing nothing.

Lancair
21-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I saw one at Wellington Point a while back, "Job Site" Thought that was cool.
A mate has a little tinny he use for catching mulloway that is named, but not actually written on the boat for obvious reasons really. "Little Hitler"

TheGurn
23-05-2011, 01:22 PM
It was a toss up between 'Wife Swap' and 'Suddenly Single'.
First one got it..

swof63
23-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Was thinking of calling mine "Rainmaker" or "Windmagnet" as
every time I seem to get an opportunity to go fishing the weather gods
sh*t on me.........

Cheers
Craig

bigdonk
23-05-2011, 06:49 PM
I ended up calling mine BIGDONK... go figure!!::) It Made the lady at Point Danger VMR Laugh;D but i think it was at me:P lol

BD

fat-buoy
24-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Saw one at Moreton Island years ago called "Wet Spot".. that made me laugh!

Bull
24-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I know a guy and he called his 4 sale to keep his wife off his back about selling the boat.

Site Office is another

I hear one on the radio up around stanage called Ducks Nuts very funny hearing that repeated by vmr 3 times

aussiebasser
24-05-2011, 12:23 PM

There's a tinnie at Benaraby often seen on Awoonga called that. Didn't know Joel lived up north.

aussiebasser
24-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Let's see, I've had Slam Dunk, Lip Smacker, Dances with Flathead (2) and Bass Whisperer. Now I've got Little Wet Corvette and Rockin' and Reelin'. Qld regos I've had are QI11Q, BA555Q and now BA550Q. Boat trailer rego is IBA55.

fisho8
24-05-2011, 10:19 PM
I have been thinking of one for my boat that being REEL SCREAMER or one my wife suggested to me as our boat is Black and white FREE WILLY decisions decisions.:o

thylacene
24-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Was gunna be "Bait Raped" until everyone got in the wench's ear about it being politically incorrect even if factual. Ended up with "Here Fishy Fishy".

A VMR logon is mandatory with multi-word names, you try saying it three times ::)

deckie
24-05-2011, 10:38 PM
One of the best tinnie names i saw was 'Start ya Bastard !"

Saw a kid fanging around in a tiller steer tinnie trying to do wheelies in Oatley Bay called "Dances with Toadies"... made me laugh.

Dignity
25-05-2011, 05:43 AM
there was one running around Sanctuary Cove area once called Won One

TREVELLY
25-05-2011, 06:07 AM
My name is Trevor and wife is Elly - no brainer really ;D

Jarrah Jack
25-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Was gunna be "Bait Raped" until everyone got in the wench's ear about it being politically incorrect even if factual. Ended up with "Here Fishy Fishy".

A VMR logon is mandatory with multi-word names, you try saying it three times ::)

Once is enough...;D;D

Dignity
25-05-2011, 06:16 PM
My mate had a tinnie he bought as a tender to his bay cruiser that was named after a lure and was called Softc.ck and it had a number of stickers over it reflecting it's name although I had never seen them before. It had an old motor on it that would start in gear, one day he went down under the bay cruiser to clear the rudder which had fouled and I was in the tinnie, he came up and asked me to start the motor (1st time for me) as he was going to hop in and go to shore. She started all right and as she was in gear she shot forward at great speed just missing his head and straight up the duck board. He got rid of this boat and motor pronto after that.

Benno1
25-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Theres a few good boat names over here in WA...we live just across the way from a boat ramp so I get too see all the tubs that float in and out of the seaway.
Theres a priddy looking 9 metre powercat with the the name "Get the Gaff"...also a tidy looking Bertram that goes by the name of "Dhuing it"... ive also seen a 5metre tinny with "Whiting Whacker" plastered on the side.
One boat i saw on a trailer the other day was named "Blacka*&e"...a name they give one of the fish species over here...bit cheeky :P

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

bustastu
25-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Our last boat was called 'The Shed'. When we got married we had a wishing well and everyone contributed to buying a shed that we were going to build. After the wedding we ended up putting the money towards the boat and therefore called the boat 'The Shed'.

Dignity
26-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Bustastu, how long ago was this as last year (Jan/Feb) my mate Jason knew the boat and crew.

Bream_Reaper01
26-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm a bit slow,only just saw this thread,my boat is "Bream Reaper"

wayno60
27-05-2011, 12:53 PM
for the superstitious ones amongst us..
http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

Bros
27-05-2011, 01:24 PM
A lot of the names are funny but I think it is ridiculous to have a non dictionary name. Just for one minute think about if you get into trouble and you make an urgent radio call with this name that is not in the dictionary and the name that is written down bears no resemblance to the actual boat name.

Also those who have smutty names think if the VMR or CG people who take your call and repeat it back when answering.

Some thought and sense needs to be used when naming boats.

Camhawk88
27-05-2011, 02:00 PM
If you get into strife I think they will be looking for a boat that matches the description on your membership details not what name is plastered on the side.
Rego number is also more likely to be used. If I was making a distress call I would hope they note down a gps fix or location before the name - seriously doubt a spelling error will hinder a search.

Bros
27-05-2011, 04:05 PM
If you get into strife I think they will be looking for a boat that matches the description on your membership details not what name is plastered on the side.
Rego number is also more likely to be used. If I was making a distress call I would hope they note down a gps fix or location before the name - seriously doubt a spelling error will hinder a search.

Sorry but I can't agree there. I built a radio logging program which gets its information from out membership database for our VMR and there was considerable discussion as some wanted boat names to be the key logon field. Well I built it around the membership number and then we went through the boat names and it them became obvious that numbers were the only way to go. Our VMR has boats call in by name and they are asked for their VMR logon.

Some radio operators take the boat name for logoff and enter that in how they perceive it is spelt. I have looked at some of the names when they are doing a reconciliation at the end of the day and it is necessary to go back to the log on and then you find the clue as to the boat name as the first logon was the number and when this is entered the rest of the fields are populated including the name.

Boat owners have by habit call in with their boat name so if they are in trouble it would be unlikely they would revert to their number hence the problem. I am not talking about spelling error it the errors that come from non dictionary names e.g names with numbers built in. If a boat went out without logging on and gets into trouble and has some way out name this then causes problems.

murf
27-05-2011, 04:56 PM
my local marine rescue mob at woolgoolga gave me my call ID number being W69 for my boat then Good SPOT ;D I always log in with this # and it is also on my trailer draw bar both sides

cheers Murf

Robbo76
27-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Some funny names here!

I was thinking for my next boat, "gotnuffin" "iculookin"

Had a few, can't remember now..

Camo
29-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Used to see one around Manly called 'Piston Broke'.

PeterGar
11-06-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm a bit slow,only just saw this thread,my boat is "Bream Reaper"

Love it.

Peter

steelydan
12-06-2011, 07:39 PM
my oldman told me of a prominent politician in the 80s who had a boat called the electorate- when someone called his office they could say he wasnt in he was out in the electorate.
my boat is called steelydan- dans my name and i own it with a mate whos' last name is steele. the next one will be doitagain or reelingintheyears- for those of you who are steelydan fans.
have seen a pro boat in the territory called the used condom- when we asked why he said it was because it was full of semen! sorry a bit crass i know.

Beast1965
12-06-2011, 08:33 PM
The boss called mine the mistress because I am always messing around with it.

mylestom
13-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Nothing flash about mine but appropriate "PA'STIME" some get some dont but the grandkids love it.

Pa's time

Bob62
14-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Hey Finga
i have a black allycraft called Black Boat. I had a small sailing boat years back called Yot. Cheers Bob

finga
14-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Hey Finga
i have a black allycraft called Black Boat. I had a small sailing boat years back called Yot. Cheers Bob
That brings another good name. Ynot

fisho64
14-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Sorry but I can't agree there. I built a radio logging program which gets its information from out membership database for our VMR and there was considerable discussion as some wanted boat names to be the key logon field. Well I built it around the membership number and then we went through the boat names and it them became obvious that numbers were the only way to go. Our VMR has boats call in by name and they are asked for their VMR logon.

Some radio operators take the boat name for logoff and enter that in how they perceive it is spelt. I have looked at some of the names when they are doing a reconciliation at the end of the day and it is necessary to go back to the log on and then you find the clue as to the boat name as the first logon was the number and when this is entered the rest of the fields are populated including the name.

Boat owners have by habit call in with their boat name so if they are in trouble it would be unlikely they would revert to their number hence the problem. I am not talking about spelling error it the errors that come from non dictionary names e.g names with numbers built in. If a boat went out without logging on and gets into trouble and has some way out name this then causes problems.

I tend to agree with Bros also-word plays for boat names are great up to a point, but when the first alarm goes out of a boat overdue it will likely be someone driving around the boat ramps to see if the boat/vehicle is there and a general pan pan calling either the vessel or any vessel that may have seen it. And this is where complex names and wierd/odd spelling comes into play.
A boaty might remember seeing "Ocean Spirit" going past 3 hours ago but he wont remember "VF213" or "E%^$#" if he cant even read it let alone understand it over the radio.
There is also the point on how crude some names could be-not all of us that deal with these names are crusty young seadogs, many VMR volunteers are old retirees and/or their wives, and would be seriously uncomfortable calling "Bait Raped" etc.

Myself-I have been at sea all my life and seen all sorts of names but personally believe a name should be non-confrontational. Names such as "Ocean Invader", "Invincible" etc are out for me. Funny is good but must be legible

charlie09
14-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Did i miss something here? What is offensive, confrontational or unclear about the boat names "Ocean Invader" or "Invincible" :-?

Bob62
15-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Used to be a couple of sailing dingys going around - Turkey F' Tucker and If it don't come when you call it, why name it?

Dignity
15-06-2011, 05:56 PM
That brings another good name. Ynot
lots of them Ynot I and Ynot II around. There was a Scarab around the gold coast called Won One

fisho64
16-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Did i miss something here? What is offensive, confrontational or unclear about the boat names "Ocean Invader" or "Invincible" :-?

sorry mate, havent been back on here in a long time!
Those particular names I quoted werent offensive ones but personally I dont like names that challenge the sea like those listed. Just bad luck to me, you will never challenge the sea and win. Only get anywhere by working with it if you get my meaning.

pipifin
17-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Was thinking of "THIS WAY UP" for my lil ol' tinny

fisho8
17-04-2012, 09:37 PM
I have thought of another couple more names for mine "Outer Limits" or "Men At Work".:)

Straitened Out
17-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Mate's is a Savage and he called it "Bliss", just like those for sale in the vending machines at servos! Mine's blue and called "Blue Healer" with the spelling deliberate.
Cheers
S.O.

Apollo
17-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Asked the missus what sort of boat she wanted - "Whatever"
Suggested we add this or that to the new boat - "Whatever"
What should we call the new boat? - "Whatever"

So, the new boats name is WHATEVER!

wayno60
18-04-2012, 12:15 AM
A mate in toowoomba called his "salt shaker"

Jsmfun
14-10-2013, 09:42 PM
About to buy my new toy going to call it (my other wife)
That way I can tell the mates they can ride my other wife if they want;D

robfish 1
15-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Without telling the missus several years ago, I had the name 'Masterbaiter' emblazoned along the hull. She was that upset, I actually had no choice but to become a masterbaiter - unless I removed the name!
Sigh...women have no sense of adventure or fun!
I've also had smaller hulls, where space was at a premium, so evrything had to be stowed away, or serve double duty, so they were called Tardis 1, 2 and 3.

bobbyb
15-10-2013, 07:40 AM
old boss had a ski boat called..... CASH INJECTED.

Mattya
15-10-2013, 07:46 AM
I just named my boat 'Fish Fingers' it suits the boat I think. :D

Marlin_Mike
15-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Mine is called Reef Prince cause that's been my call sign for years.

Scimitar raider
15-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Salty nuts

myusernam
15-10-2013, 11:10 AM
C hunt .................

fin101
15-10-2013, 03:36 PM
My boats name is "broad jumper" cause that's what marlin do.

mutineer
15-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Mines "go-in-deep " from my porn star days ..

Muddy Toes
15-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Mines "go-in-deep " from my porn star days ..

And he still can't sit down all these years later........

mutineer
15-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Loose ship was taken muddy ,

fish'n'chippy
15-10-2013, 08:08 PM
My next boat....."I/O".....

G

Muddy Toes
15-10-2013, 09:07 PM
My next boat....."I/O".....

G

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

fish'n'chippy
15-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Keyboard stuck again ????????????

Muddy Toes
15-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Nup......just another stupid phonetically inspired play on words.

Jakers 69
15-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Saw this yacht of the Whitsunday's called "Y Knot",will call my 2nd craft the same.
Current boat is called Happy Hooker, and if I upgrade her it will be called Happy Hooker the 2nd

Dignity
16-10-2013, 09:09 AM
slightly off topic, mate had his girlfriends name in his mobile as "Low Battery", every time she rang and his wife saw it she would just plug it into the charger, have to admire ingenuity

deckie
16-10-2013, 02:26 PM
My top 3 that got a mini chuckle when i saw them....
Tinnie with an old motor called "start ya bastard"
A tiny cartopper called "Hugh Jorgan"
Another cartopper called "Dances with Toadies"

shaungonemad
16-10-2013, 05:05 PM
I was told there is a boat in Hervey bay called Drug Runner it is owned by a chemist. Cat on acid is another one I have seen.

netmaker
16-10-2013, 05:57 PM
i have yet to name mine. i am toying with Icky Theology

MEG-A-BITE
16-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Ywork,Numb-nuts and Fish&Chips have been some of the names on my previous boats.Tsunami was one that the Coastguard did not like for some reason.But was a good boat.

shaungonemad
16-10-2013, 07:49 PM
I forgot Lager Frenzy is my in laws boat.

wayno60
16-10-2013, 08:08 PM
from page two

wayno60
16-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Dave,
I thought you may have gone with something along the lines of your occupation.... like "Fringe benefit" or "GST" or Duty free.

wayno60
17-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Would there be anything wrong with naming a boat CUSTOMS, or SECURITY in big bold lettering???

Two Rude
17-10-2013, 07:32 PM
I put a pair of Evinrude etecs on a cat and called it Two Rude. Got a Victory now but still use the name here.

Gon Fishun
17-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Would there be anything wrong with naming a boat CUSTOMS, or SECURITY in big bold lettering???

Yes. You would have a lot of overseas gentlemen shooting at you.

fisho64
20-10-2013, 12:12 PM
And he still can't sit down all these years later........

nice comeback-pun not intended :-)

boboncc
20-10-2013, 06:20 PM
I was going to call my boat the Fine Quine. It has nothing nothing to do with Quintrex but to the Scottish it means Good Sort. But for some reason with the wife being Scottish she didn't like it!