PDA

View Full Version : Gladstone Marine Centre any good?

johncar
16-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi,
I mate of mine just moved up in the Gladstone area and looking for someone to service his late model Yammie, still under warranty. He is a bit nervous about having to deal with an unknown service agent.
So if anyone has the good or bad I would like to know so I can pass on any helpful info or advice to him.
Thanks.

four_button_arnie
16-05-2011, 06:51 PM
My last service was there, my next service is at Steve Fleetwood...

Josh

(mind you they did nothing wrong, I have just been told by many locals to go to Steve, local bloke, well respected and nice guy)

barney11
16-05-2011, 07:10 PM
I know a great mechanic in Adelaide if he is willing to tow the boat there. PM me for info.

barra_cuda81
16-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Plus Steve's son Brad sub-contracts for him, who is a qualified Yamaha mechanic. He Competed in the top 10 Yamaha Outboard mechanics in Sydney a couple of years back. Got the shits with Gladstone marine centre. The only problem now though is that he doesn't have with him the Yamaha Computer Diagnostic program.

Ally Jack
16-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Add another for Fleety's service, had the twins done last week and as always great service and price.

Steve and Brad both worked for Gladstone marine, they serviced the yammie on the little boat there when I had it

Ally Jack

murf
17-05-2011, 04:02 PM
I would def stay clear of Port City Marine

if you do go there make sure everything to be done is in writing and all costs are worked out before hand as Wade will stab you at every opportunity >:(

long story but he stung me big time and I know his old man :( PM me for details

cheers Murf

CT
17-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I was happy with the servicing that I got done on my Honda by Gladstone Marine Centre. Mate was also very happy with the way his Merc job way done. Good communication and didn't start work on other stuff without ringing first with prices for approval.

Have also heard good things about Steve.

Cheers
Craig

johncar
17-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all your feedback so far, much appreciated.
I will pass it onto my friend up there.

four_button_arnie
17-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Good communication and didn't start work on other stuff without ringing first with prices for approval

Unfortunately that did not happen to me, the final price was, roughly $$100-150 dearer than the given quote and no not written just verbal (sorry cant remember exact amount but was a bit p!ssed.) I would have been more than happy to pay the extra if they had just called me first, but negative.

Motor seemed to be serviced fine though, ran like a dream, so mechanically probably all good!

Josh

FishCQ
30-06-2013, 03:49 PM
anyone have any contact details for brad or steve Fleetwood?

Rip it up
30-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Steve Fleetwood Marine.

10 Morgan St, Gladstone QLD
(07) 4972 9463

FishCQ
01-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Cheers for that.

Booked in for Wednesday.