PDA

View Full Version : "Alexander" build update

dayoo
16-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Took a few pics today on the building progress of "Alexander".

I won't be cutting up bait on the bait board as I can't see over the edge will leave that job to the skipper Pepi and his brother Sasho who are both over 6 foot 4 inches lucky I'm a short arse.;D

Cheers
Barry

Chimo
16-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Beautiful............big

Yum

Cheers
Chimo

Basstones
16-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Whoa, looking impressive. Must have missed a couple of progress threads,any chance of merging/keeping in one thread to make it easier to track?

Bet you're having fun watching it come together though :)

indy
16-05-2011, 03:50 PM
She is huge barry i reckon it would be a sight in the flesh should ride awesome

frankgrimes
16-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Monster of a boat!!!

Any ideas on completion date?

Mick

NTMID8
16-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Sorry if i missed it but i assume pro boat? Or really lucky reco's?

TimiBoy
16-05-2011, 04:38 PM
What's she going to be powered with, Baz?

Fuel capacity and expected range would be interesting, too!

Cheers,

Tim

lethal098
16-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Holy shit barry that is huge, even frank will struggle to cut up bait, tell him to grow a little bit.

Cant wait to see it in the flesh.

Timi, i belive its getting twin 250's of the old boat, it had some specs in the previous build thread Barry has done.

Cheers Lee

OPTI
16-05-2011, 05:43 PM
looking good,but i think that bait board is tooo small;D

wags on the water
16-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Sorry if i missed it but i assume pro boat? Or really lucky reco's?

Assumptions usually get you into trouble. Very lucky rec fishos I believe.

Axl
16-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Looking good dayoo keep the pics comming it is interresting to say the least watching this build happen.

dayoo
16-05-2011, 06:30 PM
For those that missed the previous threads "Alexander" (the great);D is 10.5 metres long 3.4 metres wide with a 1470 litre fuel tank and will be initially powered by twin 250 Suzukis from the previous boat. It will have a galley, toilet and shower, 4 bunks and a 570 litre esky for the big reds.::)

There will be a BBQ open evening at the boatbuilders as soon as work is complete and I will send out invitational PMs on behalf of the owners pepi and Sasho to those that show an interest in attending. Sounds like there will be some entertainment as well:o .

Cheers
Barry

TimiBoy
16-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Assumptions usually get you into trouble. Very lucky rec fishos I believe.

Luck nuthin'. I'd say it's the result of really hard work and some bloody scarey but well calculated risks being taken. Good luck is made...

Cheers,

Tim

steelydan
16-05-2011, 09:12 PM
wow, just wow! round trip to fiji anyone?

captain rednut
16-05-2011, 09:27 PM
hey baz
ive been to sammys nights that involve entertainment:P, book me in for the next one, i cant wait to see the boat either. what a weapon http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/images/icons/icon7.gif cheers jim

popgun19
17-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Comming along beautifully Barry, the size of you blokes really shows how massive "The Great "is :o

Cheers,
Brian

PinHead
17-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I know someone that is like a kid on Xmas day over this boat. He tells me more about it each day and the truck to tow it.

Lucky_Phill
17-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Yep Barry, all looking good.

What are the permit arrangements for towing ?

LP.

Greg P
17-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Awesome boat cant wait to see the finished product - you blokes sure you aren't midgets ;D;D;D

Captain Incredible
17-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Is Pepi getting a double bow sprit with separate rollers for reef and CQR? That is one of the few things I would change on my 9.4 metre Ocean Prowler if I had my time again.

dayoo
18-05-2011, 07:08 AM
[quote=Lucky_Phill;1283112]Yep Barry, all looking good.

What are the permit arrangements for towing ?

Phill,

I know the boys have checked out the Qld Transport regulations and I assume that the usual Oversized sign, flags and flashing orange lights are required as well as restrictions on towing in peak hours and at weekends as applied to the previous boat. Width of the boat was reduced to 3.4 metres as I understand that over 3.5 requires a road pilot and permits.

The boat will eventually be housed in a purpose built shed/house not far from the ramp at Tin Can.

Can't wait to see the tow vehicle later this week. Its a Dodge Ram with duel rear wheels imported from the USA, converted to right hand drive and fitted with a "fifth wheel" through the back tray which increases the towing capacity from 5 tonnes on the tow ball up to 8 tonnes.

Cheers
Barry

dayoo
18-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Is Pepi getting a double bow sprit with separate rollers for reef and CQR? That is one of the few things I would change on my 9.4 metre Ocean Prowler if I had my time again.

Keith,

I spoke to Pepi and he said that he will be getting a Sarca anchor and installing a strong electric winch. Frank has been complaining about manually hauling up anchors as he has been getting plenty of practice as deckie on "Keely Rose".;D

Cheers
Barry

Dean1
18-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Hey Barry looks like Alexander has put on alot of size! And Frank has lost alot of size??? ;D Will she be called Alexander 2? Man the cost of the 1st fuel up would hurt! looking good thats a real Platie ;)

dayoo
18-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey Barry looks like Alexander has put on alot of size! And Frank has lost alot of size??? ;D Will she be called Alexander 2? Man the cost of the 1st fuel up would hurt! looking good thats a real Platie ;)

Hi Deano! Frank has lost a bit of weight around the guts from hauling anchor on "Keely Rose" and eating plenty of fish instead of those heavy Italian meals.

As you live close to the boatbuilder you are odds on to get an invite to the festivities on completion of "Alexander" the great.

Cheers
Barry

PinHead
18-05-2011, 06:57 PM
haha Barry..Pepi walks in this morning and says: "Pinhead".