PDA

View Full Version : Blues Out wide and 3m Mako

business class
16-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Hey Guys,

Headed out wide off southport on friday to be welcomed with good conditions. Put the lures in at 6:30am in 300m of water. After only 20mins and first pass over were we wanted to fish the long rigger gets hammered but first jump she throws the hooks. (none from one) Lures go back out and after another 45mins I see this black shadow swallow the Short corner and were hooked up, wasnt a big fish by all means but still a billy none the less (so i thought) after 10mins of no jumping i was a little confused...... another 15 mins comes and as its on the surface just about to stick it with a tag we get a good look and then F#$%N mako shark is called.... got it on the trace and it thrashed about like a twit and snapped us off taking my hollowpoint with it>:( . Lures go back out and then was a little quite for the next couple of Hours with it being inbetween bite times. 3pm is here and we start seeing more and more flying fish and then birds.... suddenly i spot this Blue all lit up under the short rigger, i call BILLY.... then out of the corner of my eye i see this Blue come flying in and SMASH the short corner ripping off line like no tomorrow, then as she jumps the short rigger gets Hammered... (now for the sad part :'( ) as the first fish jumps which was only around 80kg she throws the lure over the short rigger then the weight of the lure tangled up in the line snaps the second fish off and i watch her go nutz on the surface for about 1 minute. we go from haven a doubble to none and me shattered. (none from 3) Lures go back out as we are determined to get one, i spot birds circling and little stripey's jumping so i head over, as im watching the lures up comes this blue screaming through the spread then she dissapears........ next thing the long rigger get hammered and were on to a nice size fish.... 1hr 20mins later and sun about to gone we tag a approx 220kg Blue maybe a touch more as this fish was very solid all the way to the tail. was 2.86 short length. We ended the day on a great note and was one of the most exciting and dissapointing days out there we have had. Cant wait to go again this weekend if the weather plays the game.... Check out this link for a quick video of the fish boat side.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=226929710655712&oid=134896022740&comments

P.S Not sure if that link to the video works as its my first time trying so i hope it does.;D

Bull
16-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi Matty,
Its funny how a day can change from being an average day out to a great day on the water. Very nice fish. Your link to facebook worked a treat.
Well done
Bull

tropicrows
16-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Well you can't say it was a boring day, to say the least. That Blue looked really healthy.

grammel
16-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Hi Business class, sorry mate the link dosen't seem to work but I would love to see it. Regards Jeff.

Midnight
16-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Well done Matty! Keep at em!

brisbane
16-05-2011, 09:04 PM
What was the current doing out there might head out on the weekend

MyWay
16-05-2011, 10:28 PM
BC link did not work for me ,but the report story is great
well done
awesome day

myway

business class
17-05-2011, 03:20 PM
the link is working for some and not others so im not sure how else to get it up to play? if anyone has any ideas or a way to do it let me know all ill do it....

Current was 0 Knots but it can change within hours let alone 1 week. but there is a big back eddie of the SE coast of Queensland so hopefully it stays good for this weekend so we can go again......

business class
17-05-2011, 03:21 PM
if you click on the link facebook comes up then just click on the play button and it works for me so i hope it works for everyone else

Timfishin4fun
17-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Well done Matty, but why didn't ya tail wrap the mako.

Must be going soft. LOL

Timbo

Harley000
18-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Well done Matt. It sounds like Friday was the day. We went Saturday, landed a nice dollie and dropped a blue. Well done, great result.

Charles (Sea-Pace)

business class
18-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Well done Matty, but why didn't ya tail wrap the mako.

Must be going soft. LOL

Timbo

I wanted to gaff it but the boys wouldnt hand me the gaff hahahah i think there reaction when i asked was F*#% O#% :o

business class
18-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Well done Matt. It sounds like Friday was the day. We went Saturday, landed a nice dollie and dropped a blue. Well done, great result.

Charles (Sea-Pace)

Im gonna try and go this Saturday as the weather looks like its playing the game so far. Wazza told me use poped it off which would of been heart breaking for cezzie...... Im sure use will get her one before the end of the year....... Also too can i steal the lucky deckie wazza off you this weekend hahahahaha;D

Timfishin4fun
18-05-2011, 04:40 PM
I wanted to gaff it but the boys wouldnt hand me the gaff hahahah i think there reaction when i asked was F*#% O#% :o

Don't worry I'm with them.

But my mate is a keen mako fishermen from down south, makes it sound easy.

Apart from when he says test your reaction time and bend down and lasso it.

I like my arms the way they are thank you.

Catch you out there soon.

Timbo

bugman
20-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Matty,

If I wasn't going to the Boat Show I'd try and get out there myself. Nice to see a few bigger fish sill about.
Well done.
Brett

champion
21-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Nice work BC

I believe it doesnt work for the people who dont have face book !

Im happy reading the story, than be followed ;D