PDA

View Full Version : Sat night at Hutchys

Tunzafun
15-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Decided to chance the weather window and target Hutchy's on Sat night. Left Scarbourough at about 4pm with an easy trip out at about 40km. Drifted about for nought although lots showing on the sounder. Moved a few times and tried different lumps but still to no avail.

Decided to anchor up on a likely dropoff and wait for the bite period 1930-2130 (my sceptic deckie wants to know what watch fish wear?)>:(

Bang, slammed by something big and put up a great fight with lots of runs. Alas the TLD 20 won the day and 10 minutes later a 5kg Kingfish was in the boat. Checked the watch and it was 2140 :P so that fish was watching the clock!

Thought that they may have come on then however, it was very quiet and he was a lonely fish. Picked upo small fingermark and snapper but all went back to grow. Pretty sorry night with little result.

Around 2300 the wind changed and we decided to head for home. Two hour uneventful run back to Scarby with a short sharp chop on.

In bed by 0200 and now about to clean the boat. Maybe I should have gone to the banks.:)

Benno1
16-05-2011, 02:06 PM
better than catching nothing at all i recon...nice one :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny