PDA

View Full Version : Good snapper on caught on bovine

URAGANGI
14-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Since we are in for a new season change, and there is plenty to offer the avid offshore fanatic who'd dare to step outside the square on bait fishing. The SSW and westerly winds are now in and the snapper are showing, they might not be in large schools but they are there!

My favorite sneaky bait for estuary fishing is steak. Some may say WHAT THE.....? but hey it works. Since it works there why wouldn't it work offshore? Good question. Myth Busted yep it works well here also.

Here's some pics from last nights effort offshore from Cook Island.
cheer's
Gav.

SWANY22
14-05-2011, 07:18 PM
coupple of nice nobys there.goes to show they will eat about any thing well done

TREVELLY
14-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Gav there is nothing wrong with trying something outside the square.

I read some decades ago about some fellas writing in a fishing mag in Sydney the best bait by far they used was trout to catch Jewfish - now sure jewies are always chasing a trout up a mountain stream.

I saw it in the morning after that wonderful mushroom soup and in the arvo after that great smoke I saw the snapper chasing the cow about the paddock.

Worms are a good bait all fish dig up the garden for heavens sake.

My neighbour in Syney decades ago said at the wharves the best bait was bread and cheese mixed to a dough.

Anyway well done some nice little snaps there - make a nice feed and put up a good fight on light gear.

:argue:

URAGANGI
14-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Gav there is nothing wrong with trying something outside the square.

I read some decades ago about some fellas writing in a fishing mag in Sydney the best bait by far they used was trout to catch Jewfish - now sure jewies are always chasing a trout up a mountain stream.

I saw it in the morning after that wonderful mushroom soup and in the arvo after that great smoke I saw the snapper chasing the cow about the paddock.

Worms are a good bait all fish dig up the garden for heavens sake.

My neighbour in Syney decades ago said at the wharves the best bait was bread and cheese mixed to a dough.

Anyway well done some nice little snaps there - make a nice feed and put up a good fight on light gear.

:argue:

Hey Trev that's a colourfull world you live in... Watch that smoke and those dam golden top mushies, that'll do it to you every time!CheersGav.

TimD
14-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Is it Eye fillet or Wagyu Rump ;D

cheers tim :)

URAGANGI
15-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Tim not even Angus, just a few everyday cuts of blade steak. Just cut some nice thin strips, lay the bait straight on the hook, and send her down.
Cheers Gav.