PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota Riptide - importing from the US?

Pond123
11-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Minn Kotas seem to be significantly cheaper over in the US. Has anyone ever imported one? If so, I would love to know:

- The rough cost of shipping
- The US dealer used
- Whether the warrantly is still OK if you have a problem with the motor over here

Cheers

Pond

rayken1938
12-05-2011, 07:47 AM
ou have to send it back to USA for warranty claim. I got an ipilot converstion that I had to send it back. Cost $29 au to send it back to usa and they charged me $60us to return it.
The freight would be the killer to import plus you will be up for GST as it is worth mork than $1000.
You will also have to pick it up from the freight company and pay the gst on pick up.
Pick it up straight away as the demurrage charges are very expensive.
If you can find out the dimentions and weight of the motor you can get an idea of how much the freight will be.
I use freight forwarding company Shipito who have arrangements with different freight mobs and you save up 50% on the freight.
They only charge $9us for their services and it also enables you to purchase from dearlers that normally will not ship overseas.

Noelm
12-05-2011, 01:37 PM
just like buying anything overseas, weight up the risks V the savings and if the sums add up, go for it, just dont expect a bargain and look for help at your local guy if it goes bad later on, plenty of people import stuff all the time.