PDA

View Full Version : last night off Yeppoon

DAZMC1
11-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Went out to a close spot last nigt for a couple of hours of arm pain. Let about four go back that were bigger. The biggest in the pic went 16kg and the biggest Grunter went 4kg.

lethal098
11-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Top stuff, gotta love a quick trip that stretchs your arms, well done

Cheers Lee

jtpython
11-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Nice one Dazz you been quite for a while mate
JT

supa29
11-05-2011, 06:33 PM
well done mate heading out friday arvo or saturday hope to get a few, do the jewies have the worms like they do down south or are they clean from the ocean.

nice fishing mate

kel.....

ifishcq1
11-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Good catch Daz
Supa they have a belly lining grub but not usually in the flesh and they are black jew not silvers like the southern ones it might make a difference but I can't remember because the last jew I caught down south was 25yrs ago
if you want them to be okay as a table fish you fillet them and freeze the fillets for a week or two and they will eat heaps better
cheers

supa29
11-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Good catch Daz
Supa they have a belly lining grub but not usually in the flesh and they are black jew not silvers like the southern ones it might make a difference but I can't remember because the last jew I caught down south was 25yrs ago
if you want them to be okay as a table fish you fillet them and freeze the fillets for a week or two and they will eat heaps better
cheers

thanks ifish i have just become as i have been told a poony so picking everyones brains got some good marks of guys so heading out saturday to test a few. thwe jew we caught down on sunny coast even trags on the reef had small worms so i was just asking they look awesome. hoep to get a few hey.

thanks kel.

TREVELLY
11-05-2011, 07:53 PM
When they are bigger I recon you can't go past freezing them then running them through a bandsaw - absolutely divine - jewie steaks fried with holondaise sauce. I could live on them.

Nice fish DAZ - been too long since I caught a bigger jew - they are a special animal.

DAZMC1
12-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Nice one Dazz you been quite for a while mate
JTYeh JT. A bit like yourself, stuck out at work and the weather knows when i,m coming home every time, like right now its flat at home and i,m at Blackwater.

jtpython
12-05-2011, 08:40 PM
i'll be out of the game for another 6 weeks or so before i can get out
JT