PDA

View Full Version : Quick trip to North West Island area

BARRA73
10-05-2011, 06:15 PM
I've never put a reef fishing report on before but here goes. Last monday on the public holiday we decided to fish a few bommies around North West Island out from Gladstone. Conditions couldn't have been anymore perfect and considering we got there at 7.30am and left at about 2pm I was pretty happy with our haul. We managed to get a 8-10 foot hammerhead boatside for a quick photo and release and then had the company of a 10 foot plus tigershark and his merry band of remora for about half an hour. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic of him but would of loved to especially seeing as how he came that close to the back of the boat you could just about touch him. We were too in awe to even think of getting a camera.

Cheers

TREVELLY
10-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Some nice eating there.

Well done for a quick trip.

Makes you appreciate a big enough boat when mr tiger comes out to play.

four_button_arnie
10-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Nice Reds mate, how good was the weather! Did you whack a tag in Mr Grey???

Josh

Spot82
10-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Great effort for a quick trip! There is always something interesting to see out there!!Thanks for the report and pics...

Anthony

jarhead
11-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Top fish for a quickie mate, nice.

Cheers Wal

jtpython
11-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Great quality there got to love it when you see the really big guys around the boat at times keeps ya in the boat and up to date with the dangers lol
JT

Greg001
11-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Nice catch... maybe you could have patted him most of the spear fish guys i know reckon the Tigers are friendly around North West!!!!! Personally I am not about to find out but hey i could be wrong???????
Greg

Jerk n Wined
12-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Love the wheel barra trick. Make it easy i guess :) What a great mixed bag of fish. Remember these days...........