PDA

View Full Version : 5 Day Charter Options

lethal098
10-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Gday all,

I have been given the task to find a 5 day charter for a mates birthday next year. Thankfully he is not a member on here so i know theres no way for him to find out.

I am chasing some personal reccomendations for a 5 day or more charter, ANYWHERE in Australia, it is pretty much an open cheque book at the moment. I dont really want heresay as in "my mate said it was good", i would love some personal reccomendations, it will be in February/March next year.

At the moment i am looking at a Charter from Port Lincoln in SA for a 5 day trip on Why not charters, Looks awesome.

So if you have a reccomendation please let me know.

Cheers in advance

Lee

Pazz01
10-05-2011, 02:57 PM
What you want to catch is probably important as well Lee.

For me personally that would be an awesome time for Barra somewhere up North in the run off. Could be a little early tho.

Pazz

frenzy
10-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Equinox Charters in Darwin, they will take you into the Gulf or around to the WA coast you will have a ball and you will catch fish.
The owner "Matty" is a champion bloke always in for a good time.
the best charter i have ever been on by far.

robersl
10-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeh look at fishthetopend website and give mike a call he is a good bloke and will tell it like it is and will not bull crap you i have used him and recommend him to anybody he is a booking agent for a lot of the N/t Guides barra and bluewater charter operaters his number is 0419031805
He is also Originally from Sth Australia and goes back every year for a snapper fish so he may also be able to give you some info on the snapper fishing in sth aus area and who to book through if you go that way

shane

bluefin59
10-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Checkout darwin barra base they run a great operation ,i did the 5 day 2 years ago and it was fantastic . I have a post here somewhere do a search and all will be revealed,they arent the cheapest but they do catch fish Allan beale is the man you want to talk to but as someone else said you will probably be a little early for they run off so maybe S.A may well be a better option ...matt

ranga7
10-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Evans Head deep sea fishing charters. google it. excellent skipper and a great town. He does 5 day fishing and accomodation packages.

OPTI
10-05-2011, 05:02 PM
try nomad sport fishing charters ,a good mate of mine went for a week ,after the 3rd day he was so saw from fighting xos gt's he was just praying to catch something under 5 kg

NQ FISH
10-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Black Samurai Charters from Mackay take a look at there website

Doreen 2 port douglas also top trip no website you can contact barry 0417876975

trueblue
10-05-2011, 05:42 PM
after trying really hard to put together a charter in Cairns for a special occasion, I gave up and have decided to stay local and do a 3 day Charter of Smithy's new boat and let 3 days take us wherever that takes us. really looking forward to it for some good bonding time with my boy, and to learn heaps...

its very easy to sometimes accidentally forget the quality services on our doorstep

gunna
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
If its open cheque book then have a look at ET's place at Groote Eyland.

Dan5
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
WWW.cannoncharters.com.au (http://www.cannoncharters.com.au)

I worked on this boat for 2 years.......you will not be dissapointed.

Dan

bugman
10-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Lee,

Might be a month early for the good southern bluefin run but worth a look.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=166168&highlight=charter+tasmania

http://www.tasmanianwildernessfishing.com.au

Brett

lethal098
11-05-2011, 08:28 AM
thanks for all the responses so far, some good internet surfing to be had looking at all these options.

Cheers Lee

gunna
11-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Don't rule out NZ either. Mate goes out from Coramandel each year. With air fares and accom its still cheaper than most Aussie set-ups. And the fishing is sensational.

greyfox
14-05-2011, 07:49 AM
I see your from North Brisbane. Depending on the sort of fish you want to target, I've just driven back from Hervey Bay with a group of mates from a 3 day/night charter on Golden Phoenix. That is the name of their website. They offer 5 d/n charters. As is sometimes the case, the skip is a bit of a rough diamond but does his best to get you on fish. We had 10 fisho's and caught @250 bottom fish. I know the all up keep limit is 20/head but we stayed a 4th night on the boat (in the harbour) and that allows you to keep up to 40/head when on a charter boat. Red's to 12 kgs, snapper to 8 kgs, rosy jobs to 8 kgs, blue maori cod to 15 kgs, etc. etc. etc. Plenty of much smaller tuskfish, hussar, trout, redthroat and so on. Plenty of throw back reds to. We had a local as part of the crew to make the numbers and he told us he has been going out on charters from the harbour since he retired 10 years ago and found this skip gives you the most opportunities to catch fish. He has stuck with this boat for 5 years and seemed a genuine guy. We've already booked again for next year. Cheers and good fishing.

dayoo
15-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Lee,

There is a charter out of Tin Can Bay that is now doing 4 day 3 night charters off Fraser with Craig Tomlinson as skipper (see latest report on Nuggets website where they bagged out on reds to 13kg and articles in Bush and Beach). The boat is a extra wide 32 foot cougar cat with twin 250 suzukis and only takes 4 fishos.

I can't give the name of the charter because the word is blocked on Ausfish.

I can give you the owners details if you decide to book.

Cheers
Barry

lethal098
16-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Thanks Barry, I know the one you are talking bout starts with A u r o r a II

It is on my shortlist

snapperdan
16-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Port Stephens with scotty thorington , tim dean or bill bilson. Great time for marlin but wait till the tournaments over.

Hot Shot out of Bermi. Big stripes on stellas.

or you could hit up lord howe. Hoo, blue marlin and kingies.

NZ up to the 3 kings would be going off.

Fiji at Matava or liveaboard golden eagle

Vanuatu, fish v factor and stay at the Havanah. first class all the way or up to santo , stay at the Ratua private island and charter v factor or www.santogamefishing.com who are up that way.