PDA

View Full Version : Jawar Trailer Parts

aussiefool
09-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Morning all,

I'm starting to do up Aussiefool III to get ready to sell her and went to replace the trailer mud guards/wheel arches as they are rusted. I went to a few different places around the Tweed to try and buy replacement ones but none were to be found.

So my question is dose any one know where I may find a set or know where I may be able to have a set made up on the Tweed or Gold Coast?

Thanks
Aussiefool
Andrew

Noelm
10-05-2011, 08:07 AM
I guess the setup would have been made by Jawar back then, so without some sort of modifications, I kind of doubt you will just buy a bolt on replacement, the gaurd and mountings are readily available from almost any boat shop (or trailer place) but you will need to maybe drill some holes are fiddle around a bit. When Jawar and the old Brookers and so on were made, almost all the makers built everything to suit their trailer, so no two brands were the same.

aussiefool
10-05-2011, 09:49 AM
I guess the setup would have been made by Jawar back then, so without some sort of modifications, I kind of doubt you will just buy a bolt on replacement, the gaurd and mountings are readily available from almost any boat shop (or trailer place) but you will need to maybe drill some holes are fiddle around a bit. When Jawar and the old Brookers and so on were made, almost all the makers built everything to suit their trailer, so no two brands were the same.

Starting to come to the same conclusion my self:'(. Might just patch it up for the time been.

Noelm
10-05-2011, 10:19 AM
you can buy complete gaurd and spring hanger setups, all mounted on an angle frame, and some are only "U" bolted on, these might be an option, but for what they are, they can be quite expensive, but in the end, it may be better than cutting and fooling about for ages, all the boat shops will be able to get them for you to suit either slipper or double ended springs.

finga
10-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Are they just folded tin guards Andrew??
Active FAbrications here in Beenleigh have plastic and folded tin guards available off the self.
Less then $20 each for the folded ones if I remember.

Cheers then
Scott :)

aussiefool
10-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks Scott, I might have to go for a drive on Payday and check them out

finga
11-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Have you got a picture of what you have Andrew?
I went looking down in the dungeon yesterday and I found a couple of brand spanking new galvanised folded ones for 13" wheels (I think).

It's a pity I haven't got the mig here. That would have made them fit :D

Any of the sheet metal mobs down that way should be able to fold a set up for you too. That way they could be made to fit the mounting system you have now.

aussiefool
11-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Have you got a picture of what you have Andrew?
I went looking down in the dungeon yesterday and I found a couple of brand spanking new galvanised folded ones for 13" wheels (I think).

It's a pity I haven't got the mig here. That would have made them fit :D

Any of the sheet metal mobs down that way should be able to fold a set up for you too. That way they could be made to fit the mounting system you have now.

G'day Scott,
When I get home from work in the morning I'll take a pic and put it on photo bucket to see if it is close to what you have
Andrew

finga
12-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Put some measurements up too matey.

aussiefool
13-05-2011, 10:01 PM
G'day Scott,
I do not know if you saw my post from last night before the hic up with the site, but I had said that I was talking to a bloke at work and he is going to do a set up for me at a real good price. Thanks heaps anyway.
Andrew