PDA

View Full Version : New Boat

MitchCalcutt
09-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Finaly got rid of the neverending sinking Tinny and now fishing out of the fishyest boat I've ever been in. I got a Haines Signiture 485. I've had it for about 6 months now, and after fishing in a few other tinnies I can't see myself buying another ally boat. the difference is huge in every way. My boat came with a 40 Suzuki, under powered but a 60 will sort that out. The biggest test came when i took it out through the seaway and spent the morning trolling for spanyards on my own.
Each man to his own but I'm a convert.

Mitch

deckie
09-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Congrats mitch. They're nice rigs.. terrific all rounder.
Just no comparison to a tinnie is there.
40 hp tho ? :o

Dont stop at 60 either, whynot throw one of those new light yammie 70's on it or if u really want some fun see if u can pickup a second hand carbie 90 yammie for a cpl of seasons before grabbing a 4 stroke when they're priced more sensibly in 2013/2014. Yepp each to their own...sounds like you're in love.

The-easyrider
09-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Congrats on the new ride. I remember after spending the day I bill cortens cruise craft I came home and said to the wife that we need to by a new boat. I just could not believe the diference in the ride from the stacer

Steeler
09-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Onya Mitch and a real Haines to boot.

greenie61
09-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Mitch
Did you go the whole hog & get all the addons, or did you just get the bare hull with a tiller steer.

Jarrah Jack
09-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I agree with Deckie a 70 would be a minimum for me on that size boat. I've got a 16 ft Haines with a 70 so I'm talking from experience.

Almako
09-05-2011, 08:34 PM
yep Bill converted my to a CC

MitchCalcutt
10-05-2011, 06:23 AM
Mitch
Did you go the whole hog & get all the addons, or did you just get the bare hull with a tiller steer.
I got the bare hull, but that suites my better, it gives me a chance to get to no the boat before i start fitting off. Also the price was right for what i got. Down the track, The 60 will go on and then the casting platforme, kill tank then the rear platforme. No rod lockers for me. I've designed a live bait tank, different to the factory ones which will double as a dry dox and a sounder platforme. I'm almost finnished the proto type, then comes the mould.

Talk soon
Mitch

MitchCalcutt
10-05-2011, 06:25 AM
I agree with Deckie a 70 would be a minimum for me on that size boat. I've got a 16 ft Haines with a 70 so I'm talking from experience.
After doing all the maths The 60 is better for me than the 70.
Talk soon
Mitch

Argle
10-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Have to admit Im pretty fond of my Haines/Suzuki combo - congrats mate they are a really nice boat. Ride compared to a tinny is...well you cant really compare at all.

Cheers
Scott

captain rednut
10-05-2011, 07:05 PM
hey mitch well done i hope you enjoy your time fishing, you can test a few lures out now??
cheers cr