PDA

View Full Version : Dealer recommendations

BigE
08-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Hi guys

Well i have bit the bullet and decided to buy a new outboard, after looking at about a million varibles i think it has come down to the dealer. The motor will be a DI 2stroke or a four stroke in the 115-140 hp range and under 200kgs.
Boat is a 1750l signature.
Looking for any dealer recommendations, or good experience stories.

will the S/C boat show be worth a look. as i have a pocket full of cask at the moment. I missed the tinny show this year but heard there wasn't much on offer deal wise.

Thanks

BigE

OPTI
08-05-2011, 05:35 PM
ring around ,but personally id pick a brand with the best local support,the 140 suzuki is a great motor ,but the 150 opti is also hard to go past imop.
the sc boat show isnt really geared up for the outboards more the bigger stuff.its tuff times for the local boys so you should get a great deal.good luck

BigE
08-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Opti

Yep have looked at them both either would do the job. wondering if the Aus $ dollar will bring the price down a bit on a merc or rude?

BigE

trymyluck
08-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Mate, going through the same thing at the moment, Etec prices have come down a lot recently, 90 was about $2500 cheaper then Honda or Suzuki.

Muddy Toes
08-05-2011, 07:00 PM
If you go the way of a Mercury optimax give the guys at Wondall Road Marine a bell 0733965633 ...great service and a great bunch of blokes.They don't put the hard word on you to buy and they will give you all the answers and advice on anything Mercury.

BigE
08-05-2011, 08:10 PM
TML
yeah the opti prices are dropping as well. not much movement in yamie or zuks.

Almako
08-05-2011, 08:39 PM
whatever you decide make sure you look after your local.

adamleah
09-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Ian, when I was looking at new outboards I found Coorparoo surprisingly the cheaper for OPTI's but that was probably 4 years ago,,, and they have had a few different sales people through in that time..

Did you get it on the reef up north and fill it with red fish?

Blackened
09-05-2011, 01:50 PM
G'day

Another vote for Wondall Rd Marine. Speak to Troy and you'll be right.

Dave

lethal098
09-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Have been very happy with Brisbane Yamaha in recent dealings, or if looking at Etec try Downes Marine, not being a boat dealer he concentrates on motors and is usually very competitive on outboard prices (small overhead operating cost)

Cheers Lee

fairpractice
09-05-2011, 03:26 PM
A bit of advice... Whatever you buy...check the motor build date....get the dealer to show you where it is on the motor OTHERWISE you may be hit with an outdated motor like i was.

Nothing like getting a 2006 motor in 2008 and not being aware of it.

The motor was black,japanese,and 4 stroke. cheers J

BigE
09-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Hi Adamleah

wind wind and more wind...................... no reds but i ate more crab then you can point a stick at.

how the pool install going?

BigE
09-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Good advice FairPractice thanks i'll be sure to check.

tarzan
09-05-2011, 09:49 PM
If you are thinking Suzuki, give Keith Falkenhagen at Jeffers Motorsport Marine a call. Genuine bloke who really knows his stuff. No bullshit.

Richo1
10-05-2011, 07:46 AM
For Mercury Karree Marine, Rocklea - ask for Trevor. Great service and good value.

PADDLES
10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
if you're after long term support and not necessarilly the cheapest price, i reckon it's important to make big boating purchases from someone who's been in business at the same location for a long period of time. boating businesses just seem to come and go so quickly/easily these days.

Argle
10-05-2011, 11:25 AM
For Suzuki get onto Jon Eadie - he will service it for you too. Great service at a fair price.

Cheers
Scott

Si
10-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi Adamleah

wind wind and more wind...................... no reds but i ate more crab then you can point a stick at.

how the pool install going?

nice big e. good to hear you got onto some crabs. mate i paid 250 bucks and got that section cut out of the trailer and new brake cyclinder. come up good. good trailer, thanks.

Moonlighter
11-05-2011, 01:16 PM
For Suzuki get onto Jon Eadie - he will service it for you too. Great service at a fair price.

Cheers
Scott
I'll second that. Jon serviced my Tohatsu TLDI 90 on my previous boat for 5 years and then last year I bought a new Suzuki 115 from him for the new Surtees, great bloke, mobile too, reasonable prices, works Brisbane/Gold Coast areas, might be able to get him to go a little north to Sunny Coast. My budget was tight and he found a superceded model for me that I was happy with, saved me quite a few $.

Otherwise Jeffers are good over that way too.

Cheers

ML

novice23
11-05-2011, 10:55 PM
I recently purchased a honda from Geoff at Runaway Bay Marine Service. He did me an amazing deal and the service has been outstanding. Nothing was too difficult for him and he even lent me a motor stand out of the workshop to put my old motor on until it sold. The old yamaha led me to alot of woodducks who consistently dished out poor customer service, so dealing with these guys has been a breath of fresh air.

Spaniard_King on this site was also highly recommended to me, and whilst i haven't dealt with him the price he quoted me was very reasonable- he was almost $2,000 cheaper than the third best price and not far off the mark.

Good luck with the purchase.