PDA

View Full Version : 560W Barcrusher Centre Console

ColJacDak
02-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Now my boss owns this barcrusher 560W centre console 90Hp E-tec, The boat handles great loves the swell, But WET like you would not believe, It feels like can't trim the motor enough to lift the bow, would the fact that the motor HP is at the bottom of the range for the boat and therefore not heavy enough, and not putting enough weight on the transom?8-)

Noelm
02-05-2011, 02:39 PM
peanuts, popcorn!!! sorry, I know that did not help, but there is pages and pages debating whether a Barcrusher is wet or not, toss in an e-tec and it is open slather! and in the end it always comes down to a personal slanging match, lets hope this does not go the same way, I have never seen a barcrusher CC mind you.

ColJacDak
02-05-2011, 08:35 PM
My family were like drowned rabbits on a xmas trip to Whitsunday Island,20kn Northerly, Last day of the trip it blew up 25kn Sthly had to drop family off at Hamilton Island, and I crossed the passage by myself in the Bar crusher and my Bro inlaw in My 17' half cabin, girls on Fantasea, They were all very dry, I however was saturated the water coming over the windsreen was peeling my eye lids back, I still felt very safe in the big swell

Flex
02-05-2011, 11:40 PM
In a 25knot winds, I dont think it matters what CC your in, Your gunna get wet regardless.

My 21foot stiper gets wet in rough weather. as do 99% of all centre consoles..

There is only 1 exception to the above comment.A cc Cat, My mates 6.2 CC kevlacat is the only CC i've been in thats not wet.. mostly due to going so fast you pass your spray before it blows up at you.

if it feels safe, and rides soft just put a rain coat on:)

ColJacDak
03-05-2011, 07:10 AM
I am taking this boat out on Wednesday as i have electrical problems with mine, Raincoats are now mandatory,in this boat even a wetsuit would not embarrass you, I also have a old Clark CC and i dont get as wet as i do in this Bar crusher in 10- 15 knot winds. Col:-?

Sheik
03-05-2011, 08:05 AM
AS regards your first comment; yes for sure if you have lower hp there's every chance she's not getting the nose up as far as possible. Had that trouble with a couple of boats I've owned and they're just a bit sluggish, and tend to wallow through rather than get up and go. Having said that, some hulls shoot the spray flat while some shoot it up in the air, the wind catches it and sends it straight back on to you. Side clears are the only protection even in a safe boat.

Flex
03-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Bar cursher doesnt have much of a spray chine, and its sheer hull/lack of planning strakes will make it a bit wetter than normal thats for sure.

Also it depends on your running angle, on occasion your run home is the perfect angle to throw water in your face