PDA

View Full Version : new custom made rocket launchers

Jeremy
30-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Thought I would put up a pic of my new custom made (ie home made) rocket launchers.

Been thinking for a while about rod storage, and have looked at a few of the different rocket launchers commercially available but didn't really like what I saw. Also thought about getting a new bimini made up with rocket launchers, but $$$.

I finally managed to figure out a way to make up a set for myself to fit on the back of the existing bimini. Used some of the cheap plastic rod holders and I have riveted these to aluminium tube. Figured rivets would avoid dissimilar metal corrosion and should be strong enough. Used some irrigation connectors and bimini clips to connect it up. Pretty happy with the end result for about $150 worth.

Knotpretty
30-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Looks good mate. Should solve the rod storage problem. mojo

Rodpal
30-04-2011, 09:52 PM
gee wiz that's a very neat job and well thought out

well done man
cheers rod

Angla
30-04-2011, 11:40 PM
I don't want to rain on your parade but watch out if you have heavyish rod/reel combos as they may break rivets with the leverage they could exert during travel in rougher conditions.
Other than that they look great and should keep your rods well out of the way

Cheers
Chris

Jeremy
01-05-2011, 10:23 AM
No worries Chris, I had thought of that and will only have lighter outfits up there for travelling. Maybe the landing net also. I will also be checking them regularly that the rivets are holding.

wayno60
02-05-2011, 08:21 AM
I was with ya till i got to the bit about pop rivits and exactly what Angla said, run thru my mind.. but you have that in check so its all good.

Nice and neat mate well done.