PDA

View Full Version : Mooloolaba20th Anniversary Billfish Bonanza

ooglie74
28-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I fished the Mooloolaba Bonanza on Liberty 3 along with Nigel Adam and Brad.

There where 14 boats fishing.3 fished heavy the rest light tackle(8kg).

We fished both days heavy tackle in some average conditions.

We mangaed to tag a blue around 8am on the first day.Landed me the first billfish tagged trophy.

Then we ploughed the ocean on the shelf for the rest of the day along with Luna and Take Time.

Kokomo with bunny on board tagged a sail later in the and Aquasition boated a pending queensland ladies record dolphinfish of 14kg on 8kg.Well done Jimmy good to see you behaved.lol

There was a few other fish hooked and lost.
I think there was also a wahoo weighed.

Compromise had a black up while they where setting thier pattern and lost it also.

Day two saw similiar conditions to day 1 average.

We managed to get a few shots from dolphin fish then raised a blue and lost it in
quick time.

The Linemans caught a few cobia that didnt go lineclass.

In the end Liberty3 won the comp.
I won champion male angler and first billfish tagged.

Champion Boat over 7m – “Liberty III”

Champion Boat under 7m – “Aquasition”

Champion Male Angler – Troy Tinslay

Champion Female Angler – Bev Fennell

It was a good comp plenty of prizes and great to have a win in Nigels new boat.

Cheers Troy

jeffo
28-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Good work. The new riv looks a treat underway!

Weather Sat was far better than we allowed for. We went to the cape thinking we would have 25 knots of SE behind us for the run home. Didnt turn out that way, made for a nice day fishin. Would have gone to Noosa if we knew what weather we were in for.

Smithy
28-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Congrats Nigel, Troy, Adam and Befa.

Also Bev, Jim and Ryan and Bunny and Ken.

captain rednut
28-04-2011, 08:42 PM
hey troy well done mate on your tournament win, i was glad to see liberty looking better than ever and some credit to yourself for keeping your late nite antics to a minimum for all the residents. ps- i only play up if you encourage me, lol.
cheers cr

bushweek
28-04-2011, 10:26 PM
nice dollie jim!!!

sleepygreg
29-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Well done Troy. Have you figured out where the bean bag is on Liberty III yet? or are you too busy fishing? Great outcome for the new rig Nigel. Nice Dollie there Jim, good to see the people that know their trade having success. Sounds like a great comp.

Cheers
Greg

ooglie74
29-04-2011, 07:53 AM
I havnt taken the bean onboard yet.
The lounge behind the game chiar is very compfy,but im sure the bean would be better.lol

Cheers Troy

Liberty
29-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks guys.

Was an interesting comp .... particularly interesting was the last 5 minutes of Day 2 when we rolled into a big hole in the ocean and got slapped sidewards by an even bigger wave.

Port prop was spinning in fresh air.

I never want to come that close again to a Dolphin while still in the tower ...

Congrats to Aquasition and condolences to Luna and Take Time who battled "average" conditions alongside us out on the Shelf.

tenzing
30-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Congratulations guys, Well done
That is a terrific photo of a big, fresh, dollie too!! WOW
Cheers
Brendan

GPB
01-05-2011, 11:15 AM
I bet that grin is still stuck on your face Troy:D, well done again to the Liberty crew you definitely deserved it, you guys had the rough stuff off the Cape on Sunday, while Me and Ken 'sooked' it in better conditions off Caloundra, at least our Sailfish kept you on your toes;) .
It was a good weekend overall, even with the crap weather and few fish, a few rums helped;D.
Bun

captain rednut
01-05-2011, 11:27 PM
hey bun congradulations to you and ken on your win, you blokes did well finding the only light tackle billfish.
cheers jim (AQUASITION)

GPB
02-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Thanks Jim, you did alright getting on board the best looking angler and she catches the best other species ;D.
That Sail must have been lost, cruising around looking for baitfsh like us;)

Sandman
05-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Bloody Hell did Liberty grow ??? Nice rig what is it ? What happened to Liberty 2?

Liberty
05-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi Sandman

Yeah she grew a bit - just add fertiliser and keep the water up to it....

Liberty 3 is a Riv 43 Offshore Express. It has IPS600 engines with a manoevring joystick which makes me look like a spectacularly good driver. :D

Cruises 28kts at 120 lph combined.

I think Riv did a particularly good job on the tower. Workmanship is wonderful.

Liberty 2 went off to a good home in Townsville, actually to a friend of mine. I have fond memories of her.

Give us a yell if you see us on the water!

Cheers
Nigel

Sandman
09-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Nigel ,
I remember the beginings of Liberty 1 and the occasional contact out at Hutchies seems you have come along way :)
The riv is a very nice looking boat am planning to use mine one day :)

Michael

GPB
10-05-2011, 09:30 PM
The fist time I saw Liberty 1 I had spent a couple of hours Popping Hutchies area for a GT, they were just trolling around and pulled a 30kger, grrrr :'( ;)
Liberty 1 was a good looking fish raiser:thumbsup:.

Liberty
11-05-2011, 12:07 AM
I think this was the one that day ...

Graham got it on a soft plastic. After the first 10 mins, I told him categorically that he had hooked the bottom and to break it off ... until I looked at the chartplotter and saw that it had moved ...

;D

Sandman
11-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Yep not wrong i considered buying Liberty 1 when she was up for sale def was a goodlooking boat so is liberty 3 but possibly out of my price range.

Am in the process of arranging my trip over to Rabaul PNG for next years Tournament would look good in Liberty 3 :)