PDA

View Full Version : Yalta Craft Scam

Sheik
28-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Hey everyone.
Jus spent a few hours online searching for an ad for a Yalta Craft 535 advertised for $11200. It might be from an old ad as the wording sounds quite genuine so I just wanted to put the word out as the person who owns this boat might not know it is being advertised possibly by someone shonky.
It includes the words " Here is a 2004 Yalta Craft 535 Allrounder with Yamaha 115hp V4 outboard which have had very little use ... just 49 hours !! It's a great example of a 'half cab' multi purpose day boat, whether fishing, towing a tube or just cruising around in the sunshine. I guess that's why they call this model..."
I rang boatsales to ask about the ad and they said they had taken it off as it looked sus. I rang Dept transport and they directed me to police who tried to find the rego of the boat (OM132Q) which shows up on the photo in the ad but the police couldn't find that rego. Maybe they photoshopped the ad but it looks pretty genuine.
The ad also included originally some chat about the owner being 6'6" tall so had a higher bimini than usual and that sounded pretty genuine to me so I wondered whether the scammers had taken text and photos from an old ad. Someone on here might recognise the boat or the description from the ad.
I also rand Scamwatch and they said, as has been highlighted on this site before, that scammers say they're overseas and get you to send a deposit to a bank account before taking posession of the boat.
So just a warning to everyone to watch out and maybe someone knows this boat. It's a Yalta craft 535 with a 115 yammie which has either 48, 49, 70 or 120 hours on it, depending on the website. (it was listed in a few).
Regards Jim

booka t
08-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Hi Sheik,
WTF... What a coincedence I happen to be looking up info on yalta craft boats and I saw your thread and low and behold I saw my boat for sale... same pictures/description and everything.I bought the boat a few years back on ebay from brisbane and have bought it up to warmer waters,these are the original pictures for the ad I have the originals on my computer.
Sneaky bastards... I wish I could have bought mine for that price though!
We love the boat and it performs admirably fishing,skiing or just cruising it`s the ideal family boat for the price in my book.Considering it`s size I am impressed with the ride I have kept with a 615 odessa punching waves @ 40km/h (odessa@40km/h) and when everyone in the odessa is standing up you know its rough.
What a way to get members I had to join to answer your thread as it was just too freaky to let go.

Cheers booka t

booka t
08-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Hi Jim,

I am the owner of the yalta I bought it on ebay from brisbane a couple of years ago this is the exact ad that was posted when I bought it weird or what

Chris