PDA

View Full Version : Penta Trim Tab Problem??

Out-Station
26-04-2011, 08:12 PM
G'day all. Has anyone had any trouble with their penta trim tabs.

On the weekend my port one went awol, won't stay in sync with the other, goes up and down a couple of times even when you just tab down 1 light worth, gives me a "blade stuck" error code on the control pannel. I have isolated the problem to the actuator unit itself, i swapped the plugs into the controller and it error coded on the other side of the indicator if you know what i mean.

Anyway, i'll call sea mech tomorrow but just interested to hear others issues for research sake. Like it said, the error code is for an obstructed blade but i can't see anything there. Other thing i guess could bre moisture in the plug at the back of the unit and hence maybe "confusing" its control but given i installed them, no water coming in etc i'm more inclined to think its some type of mechanincal failure.

Anyway, anyone on here had any problems with these tabs??

Scott

captain rednut
26-04-2011, 09:01 PM
hey scott ive had to replace three conponents on my system in four years, and ive seen many others with the same faults.
cheers cr

camsharkman
27-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Yes had the very same problem. After replacing some components the problem persisted. Made a new harness for the r/h side and no more problems for a couple of years.

The last trip out the problem has re-appeared......

Smithy
27-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Know of a set on a 5.8 Fisher that have turned to toast. He was contemplating changing to a ram setup but went with the QLs again for ease of installation with the existing holes etc.