PDA

View Full Version : Searaider 2 - Wiring Tidy-up & Electronics Hookup ( Thanks Grand_Marlin )

Searaider 2
24-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi Gang ,
I've been going to hook up some of my New & existing Electronic Toys ( Radar / HDS 10 & Structure Scan ) as well as Tidy up the under dash wiring
for a while now on Searaider 2 .
But for varying reasons I haven't been able to do it .

After reading some of the previous Posts I thought I'd get Grand_Marlin ( Pete Mob No 0419263264 from Valet Boat Services to do it ) .

On taking my boat over to him I also got him to add an LED Light under the Canopy as well as under both gunnels .
Also had him recommend & fit a decent Duel Battery Isolating Switch set up as well Anderson Plug Point that I could hook my Battery Charger into .
I was quite impressed with the workmanship & results & thought I'd post some before & after photos of the Wiring & add-ons .

Also nearly forgot to mention Pete repositioned or replaced the original Fues ( where required ) with the new ones in a position under the dash .
( 20 odd )
Now I can actually find / get to them & easily identify which is which .

It's not had to see which is the Before & which is the After Photos for the work .
Note :-
A lot of the existing wiring clutter is from the Original Installation when I bought the boat .

Thanks Pete for a Job well done .
As Arnie said I'LL BE BACK .

Pete
Searaider 2

kitty_cat
24-04-2011, 05:10 PM
looks good pete , cant beat the new hd radars exelant for weather detection and safety at night for guard zone .

wayne

Searaider 2
24-04-2011, 05:11 PM
A couple more .
Also I forgot to mention .
Where he installed the Radar & Structure Scan Module is up under the Left Hand Gunnel adjacent my Passenger Seat Box .
Top installation but I've no idea how he actually managed to get to it to do it :o as I'm flat out getting my head down there to have a look .

Also the Anderson plug for hooking the battery charger normally fits nicely down behind the battery , I've just pulled out so that you can see it .

Searaider 2
24-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks Wayne ,
Yep that why I went for the Broardband Radar their suppose to be good for detecting things at Short Range .

Now I just have to get out & Try & Figure out how it all works :P8-)

Pete
Searaider 2

Vitamin Sea
24-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Very nice Pete, money well spent.

Good onya Pete (GM), top work as usual

Cheers

Bill

tenzing
24-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Great result Pete. You must be really chuffed.
another great result from Pete McCullagh as well.
Cheers
Brendan

Searaider 2
24-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks Bill & Brendon ,
Yep really Chuffed ,
Now I just need to figure out how to work everything .
Pete

Jarrah Jack
25-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Looks like a work of art to me. Must be a bit of peace of mind as well knowing that all those connections are well sorted. I think you need to be a midget contortionist to work on some boats or perhaps just young and agile, anyway, both out of range for me.

John Buoy
25-04-2011, 07:28 PM
No doubt about Pete GM he is gun of his trade!!

Grand_Marlin
27-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks Pete,

Certainly a lot neater and safer now.

Cheers

Pete

Captain Seaweed
27-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Peter, I saw your boat at Grand Marlins place, very nice rig. I certainly enjoy picking my boat up from there anytime it gets work done, I am always pleasantly surprised at his workmanship.
Have fun with the new gear, I picked up a whale spout on my HDS radar last whale season, thought it was a small boat but didnt always come up. As I got closer found a whale! I can also suggest a few things to look at in regards to setting radar height in settings...Pete may have already mentioned this, in regards to range.
Cheers
Marty