PDA

View Full Version : final trip in the makocraft northern 29's

rosco1974
22-04-2011, 03:49 PM
well i took the trusty makocraft on its final trip befor i get the new weapon,my missus ,youngfella and myself headed out around 5 this morning in great conditions through the northern channel had bout foot and a half on it;D and headed to the bait grounds just out side had 8 drops there with the jig and had 30 odd slimies and headed to the 29's,there was a bit of current and we had around 10knots of wind so conditions where pretty good.the first couple of drifts we put a couple of keepers in the box ,then around8.30 we had a hot bite and put most of the fish in the boat.we left around10.30 and headed in threw a glassed out bar and the whole trip home was the same..the youngfella drove us home from the rous so he was wrapped.he's a bit worried about driving the cat but am sure he will love it...we ended up witha good feed of fish made up of squire,pearlie,moses,flathead,travally and sweep(they go alright in fishcakes)not big fish but great eating size.am sorry to see the makocraft go as i love it but have to please the cook sometimes and i am sure i will love the cat;D as its better suited to what we want to do in the boat now
cheers rosco

Kdog
22-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Gday Rosco,

Mate, the weather for the last couple of days has being brilliant for offshore hey.
Thats a really good feed there me old mate,good to see when you take the missus and son and get a great day like that,thats what you call a very relaxing day indeed.
All the best.

rosco1974
22-04-2011, 05:39 PM
yeah kdog it was a great day out.i read in your report u got smoked a couple of times and i did as well today,wonder what they are,maybe sharks,the missus got a 4 &1/2 ft shark boatside today.she wanted to lift in the boat to have a closer look at it i told her to piss off.lol

TimD
22-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Good to see you put a nice feed together for the final trip in the mako :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

Kdog
23-04-2011, 06:27 AM
yeah kdog it was a great day out.i read in your report u got smoked a couple of times and i did as well today,wonder what they are,maybe sharks,the missus got a 4 &1/2 ft shark boatside today.she wanted to lift in the boat to have a closer look at it i told her to piss off.lol

Bloody hell mate, I would have said more than that, If anyone brought a shark that big into my boat I`d be climbing all over the rocket launchers that's for sure:-[ A hero I am not!!

uglyfish
23-04-2011, 06:48 AM
You getting ya cat rosco mate, nice feed there..

rosco1974
23-04-2011, 08:01 AM
yeah james ,should pick it up next friday with any luck

uglyfish
23-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Just in time for may day long weekend eh?

rosco1974
23-04-2011, 10:25 AM
yep.will deffinatly put a few hrs on it next weekend,hopefully its a good weekend.planning on going to tangers sunday

uglyfish
23-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Sweet, I've forgotten how to fish I think, its been near on a yr since I had my tub floating...

hookinin
24-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Yeah i'm with you the sharks are great looking things but they do to much damage in a boat. What cat are you getting?
Gaven

Jerk n Wined
24-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Great liitle morning, We were out chasing the whitting at the rous with about 50 other boats and it was fish after fish all morning.

I have a young boy and a girl, too young to go offshore yet but what age is a good comfortable age to take out fishing (offshore)?

Why would you keep those dirty trevelly lurderick looking things that the chineese call snapper in there shops? ;D (shit fish)

rosco1974
24-04-2011, 02:10 PM
gaven,
am getting a 2400kevla cat offshore

jerk and wined,
they are sweep,and go ok in fishcakes dont like wasting good fillets on fishcakes.i took my youngfella out when he turned 10.he is 12 now and always wears a lifejacket offshore,i make him wear it i guess when he is around 15 he can go offshore with me and not wear it

hookinin
24-04-2011, 11:00 PM
You'll notice a big difference.We fish out of a mates 2400 more often than not as you can see by my pics. My boats become a bit of a shed ornament but we enjoy fishing together and unless their is to many of us we normally just take his cat.
Gaven

ozassassin
25-04-2011, 05:37 AM
Got your self a good feed there mate, We did alright our selves on friday the conditions were great and the bar well there was no bar.

Eric

rosco1974
25-04-2011, 10:26 AM
eric,
has deffinatly been a long time since i have had a day like that offshore