PDA

View Full Version : East Moreton

Kdog
22-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Gday all,

Teenage Son and I left Manly at 5am,went through the Rous and then through the SPB via the northern channel,it was a bit sloppy but no real dramas.

We shot straight up to a spot East of Eagers Cr in about 80 mtrs,my son was a bit crook so he had a snoozehttp://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/../yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/Original%20Smilies/rolleyes.gifmy first drop resulted in a 40 cm snapper,then only got a heap of 35cm snaps,all went back for another day.

Then moved downhill to the top of the 29s,bloody good shows on the sounder around there that's for sure.

I had a couple of unstoppables take off towards Hawaii and my son had 150mtrs of braid stripped in about 5 seconds.
Finally landed a couple of good snapper,one 85cm the other 50cm and a heap of others from 30 to 38 which went back.

All in all,including the ones released, it was a snapper of a day,about 95%of the fish caught were Snapps,the rest were made up of Trag,Tuskies,and I think a small Ambo.
Called it a day about 12 and came back via the middle channel in the SPB.bloody great conditions on the way back,flat as!!

On a side note,the three green buoys at the dogleg section of the Rous were not where my GPS had them? All the other markers were fine just those three.Ill have to look into that.

Anyhow all, have a great Easter and stay safe.

TimD
22-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Sounds like a good trip Kdog, that Snapper should give you a few nice meals :thumbsup:

You should have dropped a couple of Xraps out the back for a Hoo or Spaniard, the Hoo still seem to be around in good numbers.

You still using bait ??

I'll have to do a Snapper session with you one day, i'll see how the gulps go against the bait :P

cheers tim :)

BLOOEY
22-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Great looking snap Kdog. Ben

Kdog
22-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Sounds like a good trip Kdog, that Snapper should give you a few nice meals :thumbsup:

You should have dropped a couple of Xraps out the back for a Hoo or Spaniard, the Hoo still seem to be around in good numbers.

You still using bait ??

I'll have to do a Snapper session with you one day, i'll see how the gulps go against the bait :P

Yea Tim, I still using bait ya bugger.::)I`m old school mate,nothing like the smell and taste of dirty old pillys under the fingernails while having a nibble:)

And yes mate, I would only be to happy to have you onboard one day, as you certainly do know what its all about,you could could teach an old dog new tricks so to speak .:-?

rosco1974
22-04-2011, 03:33 PM
well done kdog,a couple of good fish there mate...we need another meet and greet i think,
cheers rosco

DRAGMAN
22-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Nice fish their Kdog. Its always a nice suprise coming back in with the Bar flat. Makes the fish taste even better!!

TimD
22-04-2011, 08:03 PM
You could teach an old dog new tricks so to speak .:-?

An old Kdog you mean :P

Horse
22-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Great looking Snapper you have there. Plastics are a lot of fun but if you are scoring fish like that don't change your game plan.

catfish55
23-04-2011, 09:07 PM
good day kdog hope the boy got a chance to catch some .
hey as a matter of interest what sort of boat mate.
pat

Kdog
24-04-2011, 06:07 PM
good day kdog hope the boy got a chance to catch some .
hey as a matter of interest what sort of boat mate.
pat
Gday Pat,

Yea mate, he caught a few,most of the time he outfishes me,:-[I think he feels sorry for me sometimes::)but all good fun!!
My boats a 615 Odessa Yalta Craft.heaps of room for fishing and crabbing and so forth.Ive had a few boats in my time and found that its one of the more forgiving when in the rough stuff,(read,must be getting old!!)

tenzing
24-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Kerrod that is a beautiful looking snapper, quite apart from its immense size!
The boat looks like a beaut too
Well Done
Brendan

Micadogs
27-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi K-Dog

Those green markers have been out for ever on the GPS maps. If you have now travelled around the 3, use your trail or mark them next time on your unit.

Regards Adam

honda900
28-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Kdog,

Nice snapp..

Must have just missed you, we left from the southern side of manly at 5:00 , hit the bar at 6:00, we went south, got a good mixed bag for the day nothing special tho..

Regards
Honda.

Kdog
28-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Kdog,

Nice snapp..

Must have just missed you, we left from the southern side of manly at 5:00 , hit the bar at 6:00, we went south, got a good mixed bag for the day nothing special tho..

Regards
Honda.
Gday Honda,

Thanks mate, Just as we were heading into the northern I did see someone going through the middle channel,might have been you hey?

I normally put a call out to see if there are any Ausfishers about as well.
We`ll have to catch up some time mate.

Scalem
30-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Kerrod, they are good times mate if you can get the teenage son to come out chasing snapper with the 'ol bloke. That back seat of the Yalta is prime luxury isn't it? Not to steal your thread, but I thought I would add by putting up one of my favourite shots of my daughter soaking up the luxury of my 555.;)

A question though, one shot you have the young bloke on the back seat, next shot of the snapper on the deck you have the seats removed. So what happened to the seats? Do you store them up the front on the same trip?? A hint, get those rubber squares and a bit of loop velcro to cover the fittings on the floor when the seats are removed. You only have to accidentally stand on a fitting once to know why I cover them with rubber squares.
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/Scalem/100_5660.jpg

Scalem

Kdog
30-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Gday Scalem,

Mate,I think I'm pretty lucky at the moment with my son Nathan.Ive only got to say I may go fishing on Saturday say and he`ll say cool,what time do you want me out of bed!!:o
I will never knock him back because we all know as parents that the day will come when they say "sorry dad,but Ive got other things planed":'(

With the rear seats,when we get to our secret:P fishing spot,I put them just behind the two front ones,and I leave them there all day until we are ready to come home.I will eventually mount them there with some recessed type brackets so that I can still remove the seats though,then I will then take the back catches out so no more stubbed toes:-?

ddobson
01-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Nice snap kdog and a good double team with son to (my son does me every time but still says he doesnt want to come bugger) I use the plastics and chase those red buggers and now have a plate that could duck out to hit those bigger reds but still gotta get my offshore legs i think but soon as i wanna try for those plastics in the deep as a few trips have resulted in fish on the lucanus jig and it got down there in half the time of bait i found. Well done good fish DD.....