PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Wahoo and Jew off the Pin today

mark johno
16-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi Guys,

Fished off the Pin today on the 50 metre line, came across a lage bait school and Jigged up some nice size slimies. Deciced to anchor and set out the live baits under balloons. The first slimey was only in the water about 2 minutes when it got nailed by a Black Marlin which preceeded to scream off while doing some awsome jumps. We then dropped the dan bouy and chased it down, it continued jumping until finally settling down and once along boatside the snap swivel straightened out which allowed the fish to get free. Awsome Fun!!!!

We then went back and set the baits out again and shortly after got a screaming run on a slimey which came back with head only.

Out went the gear again and about an hour later we hooked up and landed a nice wahoo around 15kg.

I also had a live tailor sitting just off the bottom as I had heard of some big Jew being caught in this area, the tailor got nailed and I was connected to a large jew, it took around 15 minutes on 50lb braid to get the fish just into view and I could see this long silver body under the boat when all of a sudden the braid let go and the Jew was gone. Damn!!!

After that the southerly hit and we headed home, sorry no Marlin pics as only 2 POB.

Barrykrocker
17-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Good stuff. not too common to hit marlin and Jew on the same day. sounds s like a big Jew too if it took 15 minutes on 50