PDA

View Full Version : mooloolaba thurs night

jason p
16-04-2011, 11:00 AM
went out thursday night to the gneerings for a session with old mate andy. the weather was perfect with a slight ripple on the water made for a great night. fishin was a little slow but consistent, ended up with thirteen quality table fish out of 20 odd caught, with a couple of good fights put up by a few of them. friday was very slow during the day, i guess we could of searched a bit harder but we were happy with what we had in the box so it was more of a relaxing day with a few brewskies instead of a hardcore fishn day.

jp

Pual44
16-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Good work JP, you got some nice tasty fillets there.
We ventured out on Thursday too but off the cape. Found them very patchy with maybe a bite operiod around 1.30pm but can't be sure cause we just changed spots. There were good shows all day with fish rising off the bottom to 20m but they just wouldn't have a go.
Was there any bite period where you where ?

Paul

jason p
16-04-2011, 03:26 PM
thanks paul, friday was abit the same for use plenty of life but not alot chewin, i heard that some of the charter guys had the same on wednesday. most fish we caught was on the thursday night, had a late start, first line in the water about 1800 with a slow but consistant bit throughout the night. every time i would say to andy, were going to try another spot, i would get a good strike which kept us there all night.

jp

fishandchips
16-04-2011, 06:34 PM
nice fish mate, we were out there thursday night to ended up with 5 nice fish,well done. Luke

indy
16-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Cant complain with that lot especially where you got them well done

hookinin
17-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Got to be happy with that from so close to home. must have been a good bit of the reef to keep producing fish like that,well done.
Gaven

jason p
17-04-2011, 11:48 AM
cheers luke was a great night on the water.

thnks indy

hey gaven thanks, plenty of burly is what kept them coming i think. the plan was to head out to the banks on friday but was a bit sleep deprived.

jp