PDA

View Full Version : Cairns - Need more local posts

alukey
14-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Lasy troll on Tuesday.. The weather was a bit lumpy being around 15kn, however tried the Franklands at sun up on with no luck, then headed out around Flora producing couple of macks and a crazy mad trout, which was freed to catch again..

Cheers

Pazz01
15-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Don't worry alukey, I'm trying to get out there to put up a worthy post. This weather together with the sharks aren't helping me at this point.

If the wind comes down I'll be out there.

Couple of nice fish there too. Well done.

Pazz

Taylor2
18-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I hear what you're saying Alukie. Anyone go fishing off Cairns on the weekend? Reports? Even if its just a snag or a few fusiliers, paddle tail, anything.... I'm stranded so I gotta get it some other way...

Moffy
18-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Went out the leads for a bit Sunday morning in the tinnie with a mate from down south - wasn't too bad - got a couple of smallish doggies (and one undersize and dropped two more) They tasted ordinary though (compared to the usual feed of doggie mackeral) - treated them well and cooked up that same night - can't see why they wouldn't have been the usual decent feed when fresh.

In a month or so they'll be a bit bigger and more worthwhile to chase. (and hopefully better on the chew by then.....)

Few tuna around as well - but couldn't get close enough to put a slug to them before a couple of other boats out there decided they'd get them for sure by trolling through them..............

Moffy

scuttlebutt
18-04-2011, 11:04 PM
I haven't been out for a while but will be upgrading the boat shortly. Then it'll be on.

Pazz01
19-04-2011, 07:33 AM
I went out on sunday. Headed south and picked up a about 13 trout. Got into some monster trevally and chinaman as well. Too bad they weren't reds or something worth keeping. Pretty happy with the result as we have never fished that way before.

Got a floggin on the way out on Sunday, but it backed off a bit mid-morning and wasn't too bad going home.

Beats going to work.

What boat you upgrading to SB?

Pazz

scuttlebutt
19-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Sounds like good results Pazz. Don't want to put the curse on the new rig yet as it isn't final but should be all done in a week or so.