PDA

View Full Version : Late report Sunday and today.

MEG-A-BITE
14-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Went out Sunday with the Mrs. and kids off the Cape, Had some awesome fun on light tackel, with some spanyards, the kids loved the first run and got so excited when they saw the fish boat side;D . We managed 4 and lost 3, 1 was taken by the tax man,kids thought that was cool only a head with no body>:( . My wife had a good battle with a long tail tuna of 12kg she was amazed at how strong they are and the endurance of the fish. We always seem to catch fish when we don’t have the camera:-?. I was very sad not to get some pics of my 4 year old giving a Spanyard good go..:'( As its was my little guys first big fish!That concluded a magic day out with the family.

Quick fish this morning.
Decided to jump up early and go out for a solo fish this morning, looking for tuna on fly in the bay. Man what a trip this was, so sad I had no one to share it with:-? . Hit the bay at first light. Got out to the beacons and saw a big school of fish working some bait near the channel markers. Well first cast with my 9wt and bang,,,;D I’m on 1 long solid run and then the tell tale nodding of the rod tip told me I had a tuna of some kind. Now on a fly rod, this is just exhilarating. Took 20 min to land the LT of around the 8kg. Awesome fight on fly-fishing gear. I followed the school for 3 hours and landed 5 fish 2 LT, 1 Spotty Mack and 2 bonito.
Got to love the bay for sight fishing for feeding pelagics.

Was back in at 13h00 very enjoyable morning solo on the bay with just a fly rod.

Cheers.

sleepygreg
14-04-2011, 10:47 PM
......................accidental double post

sleepygreg
14-04-2011, 10:49 PM
That is awesome fishing for tuna with the long wand. 9wt - that is asking for trouble. Sure puts a smile on your dial when you land one with a light outfit like that. We used to use 11's and 13's chasing them off Bermi.

Great to see the family enjoying the new boat.

Cheers
Greg

MEG-A-BITE
15-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Hi Greg,
sure is good fun. I will take the 10/11 I have next time as not to take so long to get them up.will give you a rig when I get back from NZ to Take you out for a fish.