PDA

View Full Version : Crescent Head?

Strewth
12-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Was wondering whether it is worth taking the Hornet up there over Easter (holiday for a week with the tin lids). Google Earth didn't look too promising. I regularly go up to Broughton Island in smooth seas, and was wondering about the options around Crescent.

Noelm
12-04-2011, 10:41 AM
it doesn't matter where you go, if you can, take a boat and some gear, never done a lot around Cresent except for surfing on my way up the coast. I do know there is a lot of good Jews caught off the beaches.

nigelr
12-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Access to the mighty Macleay river and the ocean is available at South West Rocks. This time of year almost anything is possible in the river from bass to cobia, depending on where you fish. Easy day trip to the Rocks or Hat Head for an expedition, from Crescent.
Cheers and enjoy, fantastic country.

mick smith 1168
12-04-2011, 07:46 PM
hi i took a 14ft clark dowm thinking i could get it in at cresent but was to hard had to go to port macquaire to get it wet

Captain Seaweed
12-04-2011, 08:31 PM
I will be at point Plummer. I think the camping there is all first in best dressed so keep that in mind.

Cheers
Marty

thelump
13-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Not much at Cresent itself but not far on the backroad to Smithtown/Gladestone area. Bit further to South West Rocks. Or if ya trailer is up to it take the Maria River Rd to the north shore of Port Macquarie. Good estuary there too.