PDA

View Full Version : Dr Hoo and Friends

tenzing
10-04-2011, 07:11 PM
My Kids gave me a new gaff for my birthday.(arent they a thoughtful bunch) So we went out off the cape this morning to get it dirty.
The Wahoo went 135 cm and about 11kg.
We managed a diamond trevally at hutchies on a vertcally jigged 20 g slug. He gave quite an account of himself as he was well hooked by the tail!

Had lunch at Tangalooma where the kids were having a school outing , then mucked around in the bay following the birds and managed to pick up a pair of spotties on the same old slug as always , each about 75 cm.

weather got better as day progressed. One of the best days out recently.

Cheers
Brendan

PS Everybody knows I get crook as on the boat ( not a good enough reason not to go but) . I must tell you that I have had 5 straight trips outside without even a hint since taking ET's seasickness pills. If you are struggling with the chucks give them a try! ( I have no affiliation BTW)

Tim Hutchison
10-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks again had a great day out on the water and it is nice not to have to clean spew off the side of the boat now it's just blood and guts(I don't mind that)
Cheers Tim

trueblue
10-04-2011, 08:23 PM
well done there Brendan

cheers

Mick

ozassassin
11-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Well done mate, Yes it looked to be a nice day, I could tell as i was sitting at home working on my website.

Eric

Scalem
11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Good results taking advantage of nice weather. You could also be finding your sea legs Brendan, no pill popping will be a substitute for getting on the water and getting used to it - which is what happened to me. My last yawn was at the 4 beacons in the bay years ago, although it gets close to barf vader impersonations offshore occasionally still.

Scalem

tenzing
11-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Good results taking advantage of nice weather. You could also be finding your sea legs Brendan, no pill popping will be a substitute for getting on the water and getting used to it - which is what happened to me. My last yawn was at the 4 beacons in the bay years ago, although it gets close to barf vader impersonations offshore occasionally still.

Scalem
Cheers scalem. That may be quite right but I have been going out every couple of weeks for a few years now and this is the best I've felt. In any case if its working one way or the other I'm happy.
Cheers for the reply
Brendan