PDA

View Full Version : Life jackets for young children

marty666
10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
My son is now 2 weeks old and we are going to wait untill he is about 2 months old to take him out on the boat but the smallest life jaket i can find is for 10kg. Now i know that under 12 months old they dont require one by law but i still want one for him as i dont want to take that risk. Is there any where that make smaller ones or custom sized ones

FishHunter
10-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Couple of pool noodles should do the trick :)

Shawn 66
10-04-2011, 05:05 PM
My son is now 2 weeks old and we are going to wait untill he is about 2 months old to take him out on the boat but the smallest life jaket i can find is for 10kg. Now i know that under 12 months old they dont require one by law but i still want one for him as i dont want to take that risk. Is there any where that make smaller ones or custom sized ones
BLOODY GOOD ATTITUDE.
Shawn

Marlin_Mike
10-04-2011, 05:21 PM
I have seen people with small jackets for their small dogs and puppies. Don't know where they come from, but they should do a small infant.

Mike

cormorant
10-04-2011, 06:27 PM
http://www.yachtandboat.com.au/shop/item/typhoon-baby-pfd-1

Plastimo and RFD also did them and there was ones designed for aircraft that were like a basket.

Please do a seach as there has been a few threads on taking babies , young children on boats and dangers / precautions heat, shock, neck support , risk etc etc

Basically kids heads are heavy and that is the end they breathe from.