PDA

View Full Version : Salt Slayer pressure sprayer

O-3
07-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Anyone using one of these?

I Bought one Today, filled it up and plugged it into the car when I got home to test it out but didn't even get to use it. The plastic fitting on the unit that you plug the hose into broke off.

Rather than take it back I am going to try and source a quality brass fitting but just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with the fittings breaking off and how you find the unit in general?

The other model is the "car cube" , I'd imagine the fitting would be the same.

O-3
07-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Here is the connection. I just emailed the manufacturer to see if they will send out another one.

sporty1
08-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi I have the car cube and it works ok, the pressure is not great but it does the job, I found the cigarette lighter plug was flimsy and in fack broke when I stepped on it but I replaced it with another and it has been fine since.

Midnight
08-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Get onto the maunfacturer, I had the previous model and was complaining to the guys at the boat show one year about how the plastic fitting failed etc and I had to drive all over town to make a new brass fitting for it.

They handed me the "new" alloy fitting that replaces the plastic one.

You must have been sold and old stock model.

Cheers,
Myles

BigE
08-04-2011, 05:37 PM
same happened to my car cube.

BigE

O-3
08-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the info chaps, good to hear there is an alloy one available.

You can actually buy it and other replacement parts from the shop @ carcube.com.au

The manufacturer got back to me straight away this morning so looks like they will send me out a new one.